1942 Tournament Map Pack Released

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe

You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.

Lorian.
19 answers Last reply
More about 1942 tournament pack released

    "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe
    >
    > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
    >
    > Lorian.
    Aloha Lorian,
    Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet

    In article <1108754396.72600.0@despina.uk.clara.net>, nospam@lorian.nod
    says...
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe
    >
    > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
    >
    > Lorian.

    well, i couldn't find it..... the direct link, even though i am logged
    into fileplanet doesn't work.

    however, this isn't an official EA release is it?

    /CF

    redvet wrote:

    > Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet

    Doesn't look like it yet. EA's only link points to FilePlanet.

    --
    Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
    Scars are like memories. We do not have them removed.

    Forgot to say, it's for vanilla 1942.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >> Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet
    >
    > Doesn't look like it yet. EA's only link points to FilePlanet.

    A clever use of bittorrent would be good :)
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <MPG.1c802afcde06709b9896e9@nntp.charter.net>,
    colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org says...
    > In article <1108754396.72600.0@despina.uk.clara.net>, nospam@lorian.nod
    > says...
    > > http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe
    > >
    > > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
    > >
    > > Lorian.
    > >

    > well, i couldn't find it..... the direct link, even though i am logged
    > into fileplanet doesn't work.
    >
    > however, this isn't an official EA release is it?
    >

    > /CF

    found 'em, installed 'em and had a look.

    actually found out that our custom map maker and Admin, "Basic"
    (www.basicsmaps.com), use to do map making with the folks that made
    these.

    Basic's "Bottleneck" map was a precursor (and in my opinion a lot
    better) to the Remagen map that was released in this map pack. Remagen
    isn't a bad map in Conquest but it's pathetic in CTF. In CTF, the Axis
    have three spawns on the allied side of the river with nothing
    indicating these spawns to the allies, no flags, nothing, and no way for
    the allies to take these spawns. This map also has one of the best
    structures i've seen in any battlefield map... there's this bridge
    (which is kick ass by itself) with ends that have spiral staircases in
    'em. You can go inside (three stories) and all the way to the bottom on
    both bridge ends. Very cool, but wasted on this map. Would have been an
    awesome addition to Basic's bottleneck map, which has a better layout
    and proper spawning.

    The Great Pursuit (CQ only map) is rather nice. It reminds me a lot of
    Forgotten Hope. It has the T-34 heavy in it, always a plus in my book.
    Otherwise, a nice map. It's layout is similar to Tobruk, only on a
    Russian battlefield.

    Operation Forager is somewhat like Basic's "Shima Senjou" map, which has
    become quite popular in the custom map world. I liked Forager in both
    CTF and CQ. Rather balanced and a lot of fun.

    Faid is rather bland. Nothing really to it. A couple spawns, some tanks,
    a battle in the desert. Blah.

    That's my .02c.

    /CF
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

    http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe

    > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
    >
    > Lorian.

    FInally managed to get it, the great pursuit is a nice map, not looked at
    the others yet (just off out the door lol) how many maps in the pack?
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

    http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf1942_match_mappack_v1.0.exe

    > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
    >
    > Lorian.

    Hey lorian

    you know any UK servers playing these maps?? cannot find any through ASE
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    see my other post, my server is uk based and has these maps in the
    rotation

    Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message

    > Hey lorian
    >
    > you know any UK servers playing these maps?? cannot find any through ASE

    Well see ZombieFlies's posting below for starters.

    L.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "ZombieFly" <someone@someemail.com> wrote in message
    > see my other post, my server is uk based and has these maps in the
    > rotation

    > Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    thanks mate, have added it to favourites!!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    :)

    unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
    maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
    popping up etc...

    NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
    bit of a loyal following of people :)
    roll on bf2 ;)

    ZFly

    Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > :)
    >
    > unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
    > maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
    > popping up etc...
    >
    > NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
    > bit of a loyal following of people :)
    > roll on bf2 ;)
    >
    > ZFly

    Mind if I ask how you installed the mappack on your server? I've been
    trying to get these maps installed on our server, but I keep getting the
    dreaded "Data differs from server" message whenever I try to connect. FWIW,
    our server is running on Linux, so merely running the install won't work
    well :(

    Thanks,
    Skippy
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <wO1Td.297$nQ5.3669@eagle.america.net>,
    spambox@amateurtermite.com says...

    > "ZombieFly" <someone@someemail.com> wrote in message
    > > :)
    > >
    > > unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
    > > maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
    > > popping up etc...
    > >
    > > NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
    > > bit of a loyal following of people :)
    > > roll on bf2 ;)
    > >
    > > ZFly
    >
    > Mind if I ask how you installed the mappack on your server? I've been
    > trying to get these maps installed on our server, but I keep getting the
    > dreaded "Data differs from server" message whenever I try to connect. FWIW,
    > our server is running on Linux, so merely running the install won't work
    > well :(
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Skippy

    that's probably a zip error.

    first, make sure you rename the maps to all lower case, then use winzip
    to zip the files up on your windows machine and "unzip" on the linux
    machine to unzip.

    if you don't have command line access, you'll need to upload the files
    individually to ensure the data is ok. lower case is a must.

    /CF
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    re: data differs from server error

    switch off content checking in the config. It doesnt seem possible
    to make these maps work on a pure server... I'm not sure if this is
    standard for "community" maps, as previously i've only rotated the
    official release maps

    ZF

    Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    ZombieFly wrote
    >re: data differs from server error
    >
    >switch off content checking in the config. It doesnt seem possible
    >to make these maps work on a pure server... I'm not sure if this is
    >standard for "community" maps, as previously i've only rotated the
    >official release maps

    You're right, custom maps and mods will not work on a "Pure" server, you
    have to run the server with content checking off.

    Also, use striprfa on the .rfa files to strip out all the data that is
    only required by the BF1942 client, it will reduce the file sizes
    considerably:

    http://www.bf-42.de/index.php?action=download_details&downloadid=468

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK

    "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > You're right, custom maps and mods will not work on a "Pure" server, you
    > have to run the server with content checking off.
    >
    > Also, use striprfa on the .rfa files to strip out all the data that is
    > only required by the BF1942 client, it will reduce the file sizes
    > considerably:
    >
    > http://www.bf-42.de/index.php?action=download_details&downloadid=468
    >
    > --
    > [AGB]Villy Vonka
    > Sheffield, UK
    > http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

    Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.

    Skippy
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    spambox@amateurtermite.com wrote:
    > "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.
    > Skippy

    Thank you

    kity763245@duskmail.com
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    spambox@amateurtermite.com wrote:
    > "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.
    > Skippy

    Thank you

    kity763245@duskmail.com

Login Games Video Games