1942 Tournament Map Pack Released

Last response: in Video Games
February 18, 2005 10:19:59 PM

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message
news:1108754396.72600.0@despina.uk.clara.net...
> http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf...
>
> You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
>
> Lorian.
Aloha Lorian,
Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 10:19:59 PM

In article <1108754396.72600.0@despina.uk.clara.net>, nospam@lorian.nod
says...
> http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf...
>
> You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
>
> Lorian.

well, i couldn't find it..... the direct link, even though i am logged
into fileplanet doesn't work.

however, this isn't an official EA release is it?

/CF
February 18, 2005 10:20:00 PM

redvet wrote:

> Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet

Doesn't look like it yet. EA's only link points to FilePlanet.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
Scars are like memories. We do not have them removed.

Forgot to say, it's for vanilla 1942.

February 19, 2005 1:35:26 AM

>> Is this file available elsewhere? - redvet
>
> Doesn't look like it yet. EA's only link points to FilePlanet.

A clever use of bittorrent would be good :)
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 6:44:59 AM

In article <MPG.1c802afcde06709b9896e9@nntp.charter.net>,
colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org says...
> In article <1108754396.72600.0@despina.uk.clara.net>, nospam@lorian.nod
> says...
> > http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf...
> >
> > You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
> >
> > Lorian.
> >

> well, i couldn't find it..... the direct link, even though i am logged
> into fileplanet doesn't work.
>
> however, this isn't an official EA release is it?
>

> /CF

found 'em, installed 'em and had a look.

actually found out that our custom map maker and Admin, "Basic"
(www.basicsmaps.com), use to do map making with the folks that made
these.

Basic's "Bottleneck" map was a precursor (and in my opinion a lot
better) to the Remagen map that was released in this map pack. Remagen
isn't a bad map in Conquest but it's pathetic in CTF. In CTF, the Axis
have three spawns on the allied side of the river with nothing
indicating these spawns to the allies, no flags, nothing, and no way for
the allies to take these spawns. This map also has one of the best
structures i've seen in any battlefield map... there's this bridge
(which is kick ass by itself) with ends that have spiral staircases in
'em. You can go inside (three stories) and all the way to the bottom on
both bridge ends. Very cool, but wasted on this map. Would have been an
awesome addition to Basic's bottleneck map, which has a better layout
and proper spawning.

The Great Pursuit (CQ only map) is rather nice. It reminds me a lot of
Forgotten Hope. It has the T-34 heavy in it, always a plus in my book.
Otherwise, a nice map. It's layout is similar to Tobruk, only on a
Russian battlefield.

Operation Forager is somewhat like Basic's "Shima Senjou" map, which has
become quite popular in the custom map world. I liked Forager in both
CTF and CQ. Rather balanced and a lot of fun.

Faid is rather bland. Nothing really to it. A couple spawns, some tanks,
a battle in the desert. Blah.

That's my .02c.

/CF
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:15:14 AM

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf...

> You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
>
> Lorian.

FInally managed to get it, the great pursuit is a nice map, not looked at
the others yet (just off out the door lol) how many maps in the pack?
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 8:10:09 PM

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetbattlefield/bf...

> You'll need a gamespy ID to log in.
>
> Lorian.

Hey lorian

you know any UK servers playing these maps?? cannot find any through ASE
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 8:36:50 PM

see my other post, my server is uk based and has these maps in the
rotation

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
February 22, 2005 8:56:15 PM

"Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message

> Hey lorian
>
> you know any UK servers playing these maps?? cannot find any through ASE

Well see ZombieFlies's posting below for starters.

L.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 9:04:12 PM

"ZombieFly" <someone@someemail.com> wrote in message
> see my other post, my server is uk based and has these maps in the
> rotation

> Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

thanks mate, have added it to favourites!!
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:43:01 PM

:)

unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
popping up etc...

NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
bit of a loyal following of people :)
roll on bf2 ;)

ZFly

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
February 23, 2005 1:59:51 PM

"ZombieFly" <someone@someemail.com> wrote in message
news:p PMSd.2806852$B07.443120@news.easynews.com...
> :)
>
> unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
> maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
> popping up etc...
>
> NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
> bit of a loyal following of people :)
> roll on bf2 ;)
>
> ZFly

Mind if I ask how you installed the mappack on your server? I've been
trying to get these maps installed on our server, but I keep getting the
dreaded "Data differs from server" message whenever I try to connect. FWIW,
our server is running on Linux, so merely running the install won't work
well :(

Thanks,
Skippy
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:08:15 PM

In article <wO1Td.297$nQ5.3669@eagle.america.net>,
spambox@amateurtermite.com says...

> "ZombieFly" <someone@someemail.com> wrote in message
> news:p PMSd.2806852$B07.443120@news.easynews.com...
> > :)
> >
> > unfortunately, there seems to be very few people playing these new
> > maps, i'm trying to encourage them on the server with messages
> > popping up etc...
> >
> > NB. the server sometimes plays secret weapons maps, as there is a
> > bit of a loyal following of people :)
> > roll on bf2 ;)
> >
> > ZFly
>
> Mind if I ask how you installed the mappack on your server? I've been
> trying to get these maps installed on our server, but I keep getting the
> dreaded "Data differs from server" message whenever I try to connect. FWIW,
> our server is running on Linux, so merely running the install won't work
> well :(
>
> Thanks,
> Skippy

that's probably a zip error.

first, make sure you rename the maps to all lower case, then use winzip
to zip the files up on your windows machine and "unzip" on the linux
machine to unzip.

if you don't have command line access, you'll need to upload the files
individually to ensure the data is ok. lower case is a must.

/CF
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:20:46 PM

re: data differs from server error

switch off content checking in the config. It doesnt seem possible
to make these maps work on a pure server... I'm not sure if this is
standard for "community" maps, as previously i've only rotated the
official release maps

ZF

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
February 23, 2005 9:37:19 PM

ZombieFly wrote
>re: data differs from server error
>
>switch off content checking in the config. It doesnt seem possible
>to make these maps work on a pure server... I'm not sure if this is
>standard for "community" maps, as previously i've only rotated the
>official release maps

You're right, custom maps and mods will not work on a "Pure" server, you
have to run the server with content checking off.

Also, use striprfa on the .rfa files to strip out all the data that is
only required by the BF1942 client, it will reduce the file sizes
considerably:

http://www.bf-42.de/index.php?action=download_details&d...

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> You're right, custom maps and mods will not work on a "Pure" server, you
> have to run the server with content checking off.
>
> Also, use striprfa on the .rfa files to strip out all the data that is
> only required by the BF1942 client, it will reduce the file sizes
> considerably:
>
> http://www.bf-42.de/index.php?action=download_details&d...
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.

Skippy
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 8:40:42 PM

spambox@amateurtermite.com wrote:
> "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.
> Skippy

Thank you

kity763245@duskmail.com
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 2:55:01 PM

spambox@amateurtermite.com wrote:
> "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> Thanks all for the responses. I'll give it a shot.
> Skippy

Thank you

kity763245@duskmail.com
!