Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Changing Name of Computer

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 7:33:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is there an easy way to change the name one gives to the computer when
you set up?

More about : changing computer

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:48:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

To rename a computer
Open System in Control Panel.
On the Computer Name tab, click Change.
Under Computer name, type a new name for the computer, and then click OK.
Note
To open System, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and
then double-click System.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:27g501lka9m4asa37dumk7n2pho8938ins@4ax.com,
C. Davey Utter <cdutter@spamex.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is there an easy way to change the name one gives to the computer when
> you set up?
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 8:48:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Ah, thanks, Wes, I knew it was there someplace!

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:48:31 -0700, "Wesley Vogel"
<123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

>To rename a computer
>Open System in Control Panel.
>On the Computer Name tab, click Change.
>Under Computer name, type a new name for the computer, and then click OK.
> Note
>To open System, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and
>then double-click System.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:31:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Davey,

LOL It usually is. Finding where is always the callenge.

Keep having fun. :-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:h7j501ph6kj0de0v6jf6qdhke59qmj5r0j@4ax.com,
C. Davey Utter <cdutter@spamex.com> hunted and pecked:
> Ah, thanks, Wes, I knew it was there someplace!
>
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:48:31 -0700, "Wesley Vogel"
> <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> To rename a computer
>> Open System in Control Panel.
>> On the Computer Name tab, click Change.
>> Under Computer name, type a new name for the computer, and then
>> click OK. Note
>> To open System, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel,
>> and then double-click System.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:56:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Although I was aware of this little "trick" and where it is in XP Pro, I
continue to be amazed by the depth of knowledge demonstrated by many who
post here. For instance, several know exactly where a particular setting is
in the registry and, if it's not there, what to add. Similarly with the GP
Editor. Yes, I suspect that several of the experts here make a living from
their IT skills and knowledge so I suppose it';s like a dental practitioner
knowing exactly how to fill a tooth or a doctor knowing the dose of a
particular drug. Nevertheless, hats off to you guys!

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o jRJIomCFHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Davey,
>
> LOL It usually is. Finding where is always the callenge.
>
> Keep having fun. :-)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:44:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Not me, I'm an Electrician not an IT guy. :-)

Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpexecsum&style=flat

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eVorvgqCFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Tosca <no-spam@thank-you.com> hunted and pecked:
> Although I was aware of this little "trick" and where it is in XP
> Pro, I continue to be amazed by the depth of knowledge demonstrated
> by many who post here. For instance, several know exactly where a
> particular setting is in the registry and, if it's not there, what to
> add. Similarly with the GP Editor. Yes, I suspect that several of
> the experts here make a living from their IT skills and knowledge so
> I suppose it';s like a dental practitioner knowing exactly how to
> fill a tooth or a doctor knowing the dose of a particular drug.
> Nevertheless, hats off to you guys!
>
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o jRJIomCFHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Davey,
>>
>> LOL It usually is. Finding where is always the callenge.
>>
>> Keep having fun. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 12:19:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I'm even more impressed - you're a computer enthusiast (like me) rather than
a computer professional!

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o gcuGmuCFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Not me, I'm an Electrician not an IT guy. :-)
>
> Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpexecsum&style=flat
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eVorvgqCFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Tosca <no-spam@thank-you.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Although I was aware of this little "trick" and where it is in XP
>> Pro, I continue to be amazed by the depth of knowledge demonstrated
>> by many who post here. For instance, several know exactly where a
>> particular setting is in the registry and, if it's not there, what to
>> add. Similarly with the GP Editor. Yes, I suspect that several of
>> the experts here make a living from their IT skills and knowledge so
>> I suppose it';s like a dental practitioner knowing exactly how to
>> fill a tooth or a doctor knowing the dose of a particular drug.
>> Nevertheless, hats off to you guys!
!