Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PLEASE HELP!!! ThermalTake Chaser MK-I vs CM Storm Trooper.

Last response: in Systems
June 14, 2012 6:18:34 AM

Hey there Toms hardware peeps,

I am building my first pc soon and fist i wanted the haf 922 then the 932 advanced then the thermaltake chaser. now heres the thing i want a clear side panel. on pccasegear.com.au on the 19th there is a cm storm trooper with window available. but I do like the awesome look of the chaser but my friend just recently got a thermaltake overseer. it looks very similiar to the chaser and I want my computer to look unique. so the storm trooper with windows is like 45$ more and i like the look of it but still not sure. HELP!
June 14, 2012 9:21:31 AM

Do you really need to spend nearly $200 on a case....?

Do you even need a full tower case? I suspect you wont be using an e-ATX motherboard?

Bottom line: If you don't NEED a full tower case, and your not on an "unlimited" budget, why spend so much on a component that wont improve performance.
m
l

Best solution

June 14, 2012 7:19:58 PM

The $190 CM storm trooper is definitely a winner. Looks absolutely awesome. But, it is overkill in terms of price, features and size (~23in tall and crazy heavy). So, troopers out of the question...

The chaser Mk-1 is $160, has great air-flow, looks and features. I guess the headphones holder on the side, the duck-feet stable-height boost and the flashy interchangeable red-green-blue led lights do quite the job... However, its still pricey for a case. So, unless you want a case that looks like an xmas tree... It's not the one for you.

The $130 Overseer RX-1 is definitely the best value mid-like, yet full tower case, that seems like a refreshed version of the chaser with a little more manageable dimensions and all the good features inherited from its predecessor (the chaser mk-1). Its got blue-led-only lighting scheme that looks great and has that fierce robo-like frontside, just like the Chaser. So, before keep on going about the overseer and how awesome it is in terms of balanced features and price... Lets say that, the overseer will not disappoint.

Since you want a different case from that of your friend's, let me suggest the (sorry, overseer.. Here it goes..) Chaser mk-1 and the Corsair 600T.
Related resources
June 16, 2012 2:27:54 AM

AdrianPerry said:
Do you really need to spend nearly $200 on a case....?

Do you even need a full tower case? I suspect you wont be using an e-ATX motherboard?

Bottom line: If you don't NEED a full tower case, and your not on an "unlimited" budget, why spend so much on a component that wont improve performance.

this is my first computer build and if i build one in the future which if i pull this off i will I will 90% be using the same case. this case is going house alot of computer and stylish
m
l
June 16, 2012 2:31:27 AM

rockstar_7 said:
The $190 CM storm trooper is definitely a winner. Looks absolutely awesome. But, it is overkill in terms of price, features and size (~23in tall and crazy heavy). So, troopers out of the question...

The chaser Mk-1 is $160, has great air-flow, looks and features. I guess the headphones holder on the side, the duck-feet stable-height boost and the flashy interchangeable red-green-blue led lights do quite the job... However, its still pricey for a case. So, unless you want a case that looks like an xmas tree... It's not the one for you.

The $130 Overseer RX-1 is definitely the best value mid-like, yet full tower case, that seems like a refreshed version of the chaser with a little more manageable dimensions and all the good features inherited from its predecessor (the chaser mk-1). Its got blue-led-only lighting scheme that looks great and has that fierce robo-like frontside, just like the Chaser. So, before keep on going about the overseer and how awesome it is in terms of balanced features and price... Lets say that, the overseer will not disappoint.

Since you want a different case from that of your friend's, let me suggest the (sorry, overseer.. Here it goes..) Chaser mk-1 and the Corsair 600T.

Yeah thanks for the help and yeah i dont want the overseer because my friend has it. otherwise i would buy it. it really is a great case i will check out the corsair case and if i like it i will buy if not i will wait a bit longer and save up for the storm trooper. like you said it is definitely a winner and i will most likely be housing at least a couple other builds in the future.
m
l
July 10, 2012 5:22:06 PM

Best answer selected by tuganu.
m
l
!