If your budge was X what would you buy?

javierc

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
So the last time I built my pc was 5ish? years ago and its just not able to hold up to what I need. I am a designer and often need more resources for my work, thus requiring me to use computers primarily at work. I am also an avid pc gamer. My budget is about 3k but I dont follow the tech trend enough to know if I am getting the quality for my money.

I currently have

vist x64
phenom x4
asus a4 mobo
gtx 280
4gb ddr2 ocz ram
full size coolermaster HAF

I plan on keeping my case ( i love it) I was looking to get a SSD and I will need a new PSupply. The same thing goes for a monitor too. The current one is not adequate. The mouse and kb I will keep. Any help/input and does/don't would be great.

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
If u really need and upgrade,
I suggest getting i5 3570k or i7 3770k, ur call with or without hyperthreading,
8 gb ram ddr3,

For motherboard u can choose for asrock extreme 4 or asus... Or Gigabyte...
I cant remember the name but u can search in article and review,
Or if u want thunderbolt, msi z77a gd80,

Gigabyte with dual thunderbolt is great but most shop seems playing with it price

Ssd-vertex 4, samsung 830 or 840, plextor m5 (this some top lf the line product)

Gpu, gtx 670 or 660 ti,

Psu, get those with 80+ bronze etc,

Feel free to add more pasion in this build, and it getting late for me now :sleep:

Keep your case get a rasa kit for cooling and this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($83.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($279.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($85.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($117.85 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2137.75
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Nuclear101

Honorable
1. Get better OS
2. Better processor
3. Better mobo
4. Better grpahics
5. More RAM
6. What case is that? Lots of HAF series for cooler master.
7. I made a custom PC for you (upgrades only, not entire PC): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/knSC

For PC:
i7 3770k, really good cpu for gaming
maximus v formula, really good motherboard that has loads of features, plus you can water cool it to make it look cool
corsair vengeance 32 gb, lots of quality RAM for gaming
western digital caviar black 1tb, fast, affordable, large storage
ocz vertex 4 512 gb, enough to hold windows 7 and some games
geforce gtx 680, second fastest video card on the market, best for the money
windows 7 home premium, good enough for gaming

Custom water cooling loop! (but it goes $214 over budget, you can save $451 without it)

javierc

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
The case is the 932, what are your thoughts about waiting a bit for some deals on, lets say cyber monday. Are there usually deals or just random stuff? And your thoughts on Windows 8 v 7. Thanks a lot for the help btw

Nuclear101

Honorable
Oh, ok, so I am thinking on if you wish to upgrade to Ivy bridge, you could, but then you can't overclock it as well, also, whilst checking the prices, I would recommend you to wait for cyber monday, as the prices should drop drastically on websites, like you could save $200-500 on it. Usually, if you check stores such as newegg, they have daily deals, so if one of the things in the list pops up, you should buy it. I personally prefer windows 7 for gaming because windows 8 has annoying updates and other stuff, also, things that were usually iconic, such as the taskbar, was removed for tablets, and it gets annoying, also, they changed the menu so that all of it is now on the menu, great for finding programs fast, but then all of your personal programs will be on it, enabling everyone to see. But this is my own opinion. If you prefer going with a tablet or a touch screen monitor, you could use windows 8, as it's less annoying to move your finger across the screen than to move your mouse, reposition it, and move it again. The major downside to it is that Microsoft wants to get rid of the Keyboard and mouse, which is the most inexpensive, best way to game with, as we were all used to it since we were 6 and used our first computer! ;) But windows 8 looks more modern and is a bit faster :).