Fable save/load problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

I reached the point where I'm an adolescent and completed the first melee
training, saved the game, then loaded it, only to get back to the beginning
point of Guild Hero section as a boy. Is this a known bug?

Manco wrote:

> I reached the point where I'm an adolescent and completed the first melee
> training, saved the game, then loaded it, only to get back to the beginning
> point of Guild Hero section as a boy. Is this a known bug?

It's not a bug, you have to finish quests to save your progress in them.
there are two types of saves with fable. World save, which saves your
hero's progress, and where your hero is at in the world. The other is
Hero save, which only saves your hero's experience etc. It does not
save progress through quests or your position in the world. To save
that information, you have to make sure you are finished with a current
quest. I think once you start on the training you have to complete all
of it, in order to save the fact you finished it. When you go to save,
it will tell you whether it's a world save or a hero save. You don't
get to choose.