ARGH! How come my Power LEDs keep dying?

G

That makes power LEDs on two cases this motherboard has screwed up now. After a while, the power light stops working, and never comes on again... even if I swap motherboards. What the heck is going on? This ever happen to anyone else?

I think this mobo killed the power LED on the case of the guy I got it from too. I never could get it to work on his new motherboard. On the five-year old case I stuck it in, I figured okay, the case is five years old... maybe it just died. But in this case that's only two weeks old? All I did was install a new hard drive for crying out loud -- I didn't touch the dog-gone wires. What gives?

banesong

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
sounds like a power overload on the LED. What Mobo, and are you sure you have the cathode and anode leads on the right pin?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm no electrician... but maybe the wrong voltage is being sent...

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
It is extremely rare for an LED to "burn out". By the time this happens under normal circumstances, your computer will be in the Smithsonian. I would check to make sure you're plugging it into the correct slot and if so, check the voltage (very carefully as to not short anything) coming from the leads.

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
As long as your computer and everything else is working perfectly fine, you don't need to worry about the LEDs.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
who the hell cares about those LEDs but those who like to disco....

does the guy really need the lights because it makes his case look prettier???

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
maybe, for those who keep their tower on their desk or something...

anyway...he was talking about the Power LEDs, which you can obviously tell whether its running or not with or without the LEDs.