mr_mojo97

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I can't find this issue anywhere so here goes. I built a new computer a couple of months ago but now it has stopped booting up. I can get into Bios no problem and change anything I need but then after saving the computer won't boot to windows. It goes to Windows error recovery then startup repair but says Windows cannot repair. Once (and only once) I got a command line saying No BootMGR - although I have not seen this again. I also cannot get into Safe Mode. My set up is as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium
MSI P67A GD55 OCd from 3.4 to 4.2
i5 2500k
8Gb kingston Hyper X Blu 1600Mhz
HD 6950
120Gb Crucial M4 SSD
160Gb HDD
850W PSU

After reinstalling windows 7 after buying a new SSD I kept having BSODs - that all seems to be memory related, not a lot but maybe twice a day and I would also get programme crashes quite regularly.

Anyways this morning I took each memory stick out individually and tried with the same computer response. I tried the memory in another computer and it works as it should, so it's not that it seems.

The problem appears to be spftware related. I get POST beeps, both CPU and GPU fans are running normally, suggesting its not those either. I've also tried rebooting Windows through the dvd drive (with this as 1st boot device) and although the light on the dvd drive is reading the cd, Windows does seem to want to register it. When asked to Insert boot device and Press a key, it just repeats message this when a key is pressed.
Any help is much appreciated
Les

mr_mojo97

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Have you tried to change your processor speed back to stock speed? I wouldn't recommend OC'ing past 4 GHz on stock cooler. What temps are you getting?

mr_mojo97

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Tia, thanks for the reply, it's not a stock cooler it's a hyper 212. It's an automatic OC button on the mobo that clocks all the parameters to the most stable which is 4.2. CPU temp is only 42 C. I'll try put it back to normal but as it was working this morning before I took the ram out but don't think it'll make a difference

mr_mojo97

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Found the issue, somehow the bios had been changed back from adhi to ide!! Not sure how that happened but I changed it back to adhi - rebooted and all was well