Help! Phone restricted!

I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
phone restricted. What does that mean??

I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!

Please help!
Moo
7 answers Last reply
More about help phone restricted

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:52:51 +0100, "Moo"
    <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
    >phone restricted. What does that mean??
    >
    >I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!
    >
    >Please help!
    >Moo

    It means Oxygen has borked yet another phone
    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

    10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

    http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

    "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > If the shop I purchased it from won't fix it, what can I do? Are there
    any
    > companies on the net that fix this sort of thing?

    As you're in the UK, you have a right to have it fixed under warranty. Just
    take it in to where you bought it from and ask them nicely to sort it out.
    If they refuse, ask them if they are aware of their obligations under the
    Sale Of Goods Act etc. If you still don't get any joy, have a word with
    Trading Standards.

    Alternatively, and as the phone is under 12 months old, if you have a Nokia
    Service Centre nearby, pop in and they should fix it with no hassles.

    --
    >>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<

    "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >> >I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
    >> >phone restricted. What does that mean??

    >> >I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!

    >> It means Oxygen has borked yet another phone

    Apparently, Oxygen doesn't trash phones so you can't possibly be
    telling the truth and probably using a pirated version. That at least
    seems to be the official line from Oxygen Software.

    >Nooooooooooooooo! What does that mean then? Can it be fixed?? I am only 1
    >month away from the end of my contract, would my phone still be under
    >warranty or does plugging a data cable in contitute breach of warranty? I
    >was planning to trade it in for a 6600 next month.

    I've had similar problems with a couple of Nokia 6100s. A firmware
    reload should do the trick but it will need to be taken or sent to a
    Nokia repair centre (most UK cities have one) or a someone with the
    necessary tools to reflash it.

    If I were you I'd take it back to the shop. It's still under warranty
    so they should arrange the repair for you.

    If the cable was the DKU-5 it's an official accessory from Nokia so
    your warranty will be intact. If you've used a cheaper third-party
    cable you've just learnt the hard way why that's not such a great
    idea! ;-)

    --
    >iv< Paul >iv<

    "Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    >If the shop I purchased it from won't fix it, what can I do? Are there any
    >companies on the net that fix this sort of thing?

    Your email suggests you are in the UK. They're legally obliged to
    repair or, at their discretion , replace the phone under the Sale Of
    Goods Act. They'll probably just end up sending it to Nokia but at
    least it will save you the cost and hassle of doing so.

    You could probably get it repaired faster by taking it to a Nokia
    repair centre (most UK cities have one - check the Nokia web site) but
    they may charge you for the repair.

    Orange were completely unhelpful when my 9 month old Nokia 6100 died
    while being written to with Oxygen but eventually, with some
    persistence, my local Orange Shop were persuaded to return it to Nokia
    for repair.

    --
    >iv< Paul >iv<

    Hi,
    My "Phone Restricted" problem is solved now. I gave it to
    Noka Care Centre. They re-flashed the firmware. They gave me a new
    version i.e V4.16 date: 20-4-04.
    This works good and all my radio hanging problems are gone. The only
    thing is that you'll find your phone working a bit slower than what it
    was with V3.12

    --
    N3200
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125657.html

    It's amazing how Nokia themselves don't even have the latest firmware.
    I gave them my 3330 to flash from 3.10 I think it was to 4.30 and it came
    back 3.12 of which cost me £10!!!

    "N3200" <N3200.19whyl@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > My "Phone Restricted" problem is solved now. I gave it to
    > Noka Care Centre. They re-flashed the firmware. They gave me a new
    > version i.e V4.16 date: 20-4-04.
    > This works good and all my radio hanging problems are gone. The only
    > thing is that you'll find your phone working a bit slower than what it
    > was with V3.12
    >

    > --
    > N3200
    > http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
    > http://cellphoneforums.net/t125657.html

  7. i have Phone Restricted" problem so i need help pls

Nokia Phones