Help! Phone restricted!

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 17, 2004 10:52:51 PM

I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
phone restricted. What does that mean??

I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!

Please help!
Moo

More about : phone restricted

June 17, 2004 11:39:15 PM

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:52:51 +0100, "Moo"
<rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
>phone restricted. What does that mean??
>
>I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!
>
>Please help!
>Moo

It means Oxygen has borked yet another phone
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 6:58:00 PM

"Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
<snip>
> If the shop I purchased it from won't fix it, what can I do? Are there
any
> companies on the net that fix this sort of thing?

As you're in the UK, you have a right to have it fixed under warranty. Just
take it in to where you bought it from and ask them nicely to sort it out.
If they refuse, ask them if they are aware of their obligations under the
Sale Of Goods Act etc. If you still don't get any joy, have a word with
Trading Standards.

Alternatively, and as the phone is under 12 months old, if you have a Nokia
Service Centre nearby, pop in and they should fix it with no hassles.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
June 19, 2004 4:36:38 PM

"Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>> >I was using the trial version of oxygen phone manager and my 7250 came up
>> >phone restricted. What does that mean??

>> >I turned it off and then on and now it says I must 'Contact Service'!

>> It means Oxygen has borked yet another phone

Apparently, Oxygen doesn't trash phones so you can't possibly be
telling the truth and probably using a pirated version. That at least
seems to be the official line from Oxygen Software.

>Nooooooooooooooo! What does that mean then? Can it be fixed?? I am only 1
>month away from the end of my contract, would my phone still be under
>warranty or does plugging a data cable in contitute breach of warranty? I
>was planning to trade it in for a 6600 next month.

I've had similar problems with a couple of Nokia 6100s. A firmware
reload should do the trick but it will need to be taken or sent to a
Nokia repair centre (most UK cities have one) or a someone with the
necessary tools to reflash it.

If I were you I'd take it back to the shop. It's still under warranty
so they should arrange the repair for you.

If the cable was the DKU-5 it's an official accessory from Nokia so
your warranty will be intact. If you've used a cheaper third-party
cable you've just learnt the hard way why that's not such a great
idea! ;-)

--
>iv< Paul >iv<
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 4:41:52 PM

"Moo" <rodney@roonster.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>If the shop I purchased it from won't fix it, what can I do? Are there any
>companies on the net that fix this sort of thing?

Your email suggests you are in the UK. They're legally obliged to
repair or, at their discretion , replace the phone under the Sale Of
Goods Act. They'll probably just end up sending it to Nokia but at
least it will save you the cost and hassle of doing so.

You could probably get it repaired faster by taking it to a Nokia
repair centre (most UK cities have one - check the Nokia web site) but
they may charge you for the repair.

Orange were completely unhelpful when my 9 month old Nokia 6100 died
while being written to with Oxygen but eventually, with some
persistence, my local Orange Shop were persuaded to return it to Nokia
for repair.

--
>iv< Paul >iv<
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 12:30:53 PM

Hi,
My "Phone Restricted" problem is solved now. I gave it to
Noka Care Centre. They re-flashed the firmware. They gave me a new
version i.e V4.16 date: 20-4-04.
This works good and all my radio hanging problems are gone. The only
thing is that you'll find your phone working a bit slower than what it
was with V3.12

--
N3200
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125657.html

It's amazing how Nokia themselves don't even have the latest firmware.
I gave them my 3330 to flash from 3.10 I think it was to 4.30 and it came
back 3.12 of which cost me £10!!!

"N3200" <N3200.19whyl@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
> My "Phone Restricted" problem is solved now. I gave it to
> Noka Care Centre. They re-flashed the firmware. They gave me a new
> version i.e V4.16 date: 20-4-04.
> This works good and all my radio hanging problems are gone. The only
> thing is that you'll find your phone working a bit slower than what it
> was with V3.12
>

> --
> N3200
> http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
> http://cellphoneforums.net/t125657.html

January 4, 2013 2:50:53 PM

i have Phone Restricted" problem so i need help pls
!