Sign in with
Your question

Adsl 2+ modem questions

Last response: in Networking
June 22, 2011 10:37:22 AM

Hi forums , my DSL provider supplied me a modem to connect to the internet the brand name is Zyxel model Prestige P600 it uses ADSL . now heres my question is all of the 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 Routers ( Modem Router Wireless and/or USB) has the same settings and properties? i mean in theory with the correct settings it should run as it if it was the modem itself? cheers :) 

More about : adsl modem questions

June 22, 2011 3:55:27 PM

The thing about DSL is that not all modems and modem/router will work with every ISP.

best thing to do is check your ISP's website or request a compatibility list from your ISP.

personally I prefer a modem and a separate router. It makes it easier to troubleshoot and almost all modem/routers only have G-wireless.
m
l
June 22, 2011 7:34:00 PM

Emerald said:
personally I prefer a modem and a separate router. It makes it easier to troubleshoot and almost all modem/routers only have G-wireless.

I second that!
m
l
Related resources
June 23, 2011 2:40:33 AM

i was aiming for NETGEAR 's N300 gigabit or TP-Link's N300 Gigabit . i am gonna change my isp provider very soon after my contract ends cause of all the unsatisfaction i encountered. but in theory its not the hardware in question here its the isp settings themselves right?
m
l
June 23, 2011 8:05:03 PM

I have been using a Netgear N300 for months with no problems.
m
l
!