Adsl 2+ modem questions

Hi forums , my DSL provider supplied me a modem to connect to the internet the brand name is Zyxel model Prestige P600 it uses ADSL . now heres my question is all of the 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 Routers ( Modem Router Wireless and/or USB) has the same settings and properties? i mean in theory with the correct settings it should run as it if it was the modem itself? cheers :)
4 answers Last reply
More about adsl modem questions
  1. The thing about DSL is that not all modems and modem/router will work with every ISP.

best thing to do is check your ISP's website or request a compatibility list from your ISP.

personally I prefer a modem and a separate router. It makes it easier to troubleshoot and almost all modem/routers only have G-wireless.
  2. Emerald said:
    personally I prefer a modem and a separate router. It makes it easier to troubleshoot and almost all modem/routers only have G-wireless.

I second that!
  3. i was aiming for NETGEAR 's N300 gigabit or TP-Link's N300 Gigabit . i am gonna change my isp provider very soon after my contract ends cause of all the unsatisfaction i encountered. but in theory its not the hardware in question here its the isp settings themselves right?
  4. I have been using a Netgear N300 for months with no problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Modem Networking