Sign in with
Your question

New PC won't Power On.

Last response: in Systems
June 14, 2012 5:10:48 PM

Hey guys, I could really use your help here.

First of all, here are my current specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
RAM: Team Elite 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 2Gb
Motherboard: ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Micro ATX
Power Supply: Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W

I just recently built a $1000 gaming rig and it won't turn on. When I flip the power switch on the Power Supply, the Computer will power everything on for about a second, then it beeps and shuts down. No Bios or anything, it just won't turn on.
First thing I did was I changed the Ram. I went on the AsRock website and found a 4g Stick of ram (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...) that was compatible with the motherboard. It did not change anything. The next thing I did was I sent the motherboard back to AsRock to get it repaired or replaced. And about two weeks later, they finally send me a replacement (Or so they say) and still nothing. Today I took my power supply out of my other PC to see if that was not the problem. When I plugged in the other power supply, it still powered on for a second, beeped, and turned off. I'm stumped, and I don't know what to do next.

Does anyone see something I don't that might fix the problem?

More about : power

a b B Homebuilt system
a b ) Power supply
June 14, 2012 6:31:42 PM

Cpu overheating would cause shutdown. Is the fan spinning? Did you use thermal paste? Is the cooler installed tightly?

Did you install all the mobo standoffs and correctly? If it's grounding out on the case, that would also cause shutdown.

m
l
June 15, 2012 6:28:11 PM

I reassembled the computer outside of the case. Everything is properly installed and still, as soon as I flip the power switch, the computer will start up everything and the AsRock screen pops up for about a second, and then it shuts down. I don't think it's the CPU overheating because it barely has the time to start up.
m
l
June 15, 2012 7:25:43 PM

Do you have your old system so you can test your power supply? Assuming it's the same standard.
m
l
!