Gtx 580 matrix sli evga gtx 580 classified

lisa-show

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Hello everyone just asking having gtx 580 matrix sli evga gtx 580 classified both together how would the performance be?

Solution
it will work, but be aware that both will be working at the smaller memory, so both will be at 1.5gb that is ok for low resolutions but if you are playing with multimonitor 1.5gb may not be enough.

also their clocks are slightly different it is recommended to synchronize both, i think that the Matrix can handle a slight overclock to match the 580.

Basically the performance will be awesome, but for multimonitor systems you may be bottlenecked because of the 1.5gb so in some situations the single 580 classified at 3gb can perform better because of the VRAM that is the major problem other than that the performance will be awesome.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
it will work, but be aware that both will be working at the smaller memory, so both will be at 1.5gb that is ok for low resolutions but if you are playing with multimonitor 1.5gb may not be enough.

also their clocks are slightly different it is recommended to synchronize both, i think that the Matrix can handle a slight overclock to match the 580.

Basically the performance will be awesome, but for multimonitor systems you may be bottlenecked because of the 1.5gb so in some situations the single 580 classified at 3gb can perform better because of the VRAM that is the major problem other than that the performance will be awesome.

Solution

lisa-show

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
ahh ok cool ty i don't use multiply screens but the matrix 580 is bloody big and to find another one that's cheep that's not over priced as now there kinder hard to find.... as well as the classified one... but found a cheep one ..and well will fit in with out airflow problems .. if i had got another matrix might have airflow and and its big ass is quite grr lol

question so the 3 gig will act like 1.5gig or will it still use it... i know about to synchronize both but still rather confused ..and will a 1000 watt handle it?