System Recommendation

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

This may be a bad place to post this, if so, please guide me to a proper
forum.

I am considering a game system for christmas for my children. I have a 13
year old daughter and a 9 year old son.

We arent into violence, but i am not totally opposed to shoot-em-ups if the
gore isnt present. Currently we have an N64 system and probably 15 games.

Would you recommend a PS2, xbox or a gamecube?

Any and all advice appreciated.

chaz

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In all honesty, with four children (three girls and a now-adult male) we
went with Playstation when it first game out, then I went to PS2 for Gran
Turismo when the next version demanded it. However, it is our Xbox which
gets the most play.

We like everything from Halo (more adult, but also attractive to our
16-year-old daughter) to Project Gotham Racer (both versions) to Crimson
Skies and the Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo. You may want to check out the
variety of games available and information on each of them:
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/default
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"chaz" <chaznsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This may be a bad place to post this, if so, please guide me to a proper
> forum.
>
> I am considering a game system for christmas for my children. I have a 13
> year old daughter and a 9 year old son.
>
> We arent into violence, but i am not totally opposed to shoot-em-ups if
> the
> gore isnt present. Currently we have an N64 system and probably 15 games.
>
> Would you recommend a PS2, xbox or a gamecube?
>
> Any and all advice appreciated.
>
> chaz

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"chaz" <chaznsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This may be a bad place to post this, if so, please guide me to a proper
> forum.
>
> I am considering a game system for christmas for my children. I have a 13
> year old daughter and a 9 year old son.
>
> We arent into violence, but i am not totally opposed to shoot-em-ups if
> the
> gore isnt present. Currently we have an N64 system and probably 15 games.
>
> Would you recommend a PS2, xbox or a gamecube?

All three system have games of the genres you mention to varying degrees.
Obviously we are slightly bias here and would recommend an Xbox.

--

Regards,

Mike
--