Individual program Icons for multiple users

February 4, 2005 2:29:07 PM

Currently two users are on my machine, running XP Home, both IDs are
administrators, when we load programs BOTH users get the icon and deleting it
from one deletes the other.

If I change runtime parameters BOTH change. I have been searching the
control/help files for a solution and have found nothing.

The software should support customizing each user's desktop, I can't find
where to set the switch.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:19:43 PM

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:29:07 -0800, Desktop customizing wrote:

> Currently two users are on my machine, running XP Home, both IDs are
> administrators, when we load programs BOTH users get the icon and deleting it
> from one deletes the other.
>
> If I change runtime parameters BOTH change. I have been searching the
> control/help files for a solution and have found nothing.
>
> The software should support customizing each user's desktop, I can't find
> where to set the switch.

Copy the program's shortcut from ..\Documents and Settings\All Users\ to
your folders and to those of the other user. Then delete the one in All
Users. XP will load the shortcut for the user that is currently logged on.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Installing software in Windows XP: