Photos for criticism

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 26, 2005 5:50:55 PM

Hi all,

I have uploaded a dozen or so images to the following site and would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on
them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a61/exoss/

thanks,

Mike

More about : photos criticism

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:50:56 PM

Great job!

Gregor

"Mike" <m.fee@iirrll..ccrrii..nnzz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have uploaded a dozen or so images to the following site and would
> greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on
> them.
>
> http://photobucket.com/albums/a61/exoss/
>
> thanks,
>
> Mike
July 26, 2005 5:50:56 PM

Mike wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have uploaded a dozen or so images to the following site and would
> greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on them.

I'll coment on the ones I see problems with (hope you were serious about
constructive criticism).

Sunset shot is too saturated for my taste and I love saturated images!

The tree has really bad blown highlights and a strange color cast. Could
have been interesting, might be better to reshoot on an overcast day?

You should have focused on the star in the star shot or stopped down more.

The frond shot being dark in the center draws you eye to the outside which
isn't in sharp focus.

BTW love the bike shot, the bird (might try a touch of selective sharpening
on his beak to make it pop a bit?) and the boulder one is interesting as
well.

--

Stacey
July 27, 2005 1:53:22 AM

I'm just a beginner but for what it's worth I thought all your photos
were great. Great composition. Nothing to criticize. I wish I could do
as good as you do.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:50:55 +1200, Mike <m.fee@iirrll..ccrrii..nnzz>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have uploaded a dozen or so images to the following site and would greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on
>them.
>
>http://photobucket.com/albums/a61/exoss/
>
>thanks,
>
>Mike
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:08:07 AM

You have a nice eye for composition.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
July 27, 2005 1:16:44 PM

In article <3kltg7Fv2aiuU1@individual.net>, fotocord@yahoo.com says...
> Mike wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have uploaded a dozen or so images to the following site and would
> > greatly appreciate any constructive criticism on them.
> >

> I'll coment on the ones I see problems with (hope you were serious about
> constructive criticism).
>
> Sunset shot is too saturated for my taste and I love saturated images!
>
> The tree has really bad blown highlights and a strange color cast. Could
> have been interesting, might be better to reshoot on an overcast day?
>
> You should have focused on the star in the star shot or stopped down more.
>
> The frond shot being dark in the center draws you eye to the outside which
> isn't in sharp focus.
>
> BTW love the bike shot, the bird (might try a touch of selective sharpening
> on his beak to make it pop a bit?) and the boulder one is interesting as
> well.

Thanks for the comments. Very useful for me. But note that the sunset has only a tiny bit of contrast enhancement. The
clear skies down here give us some wild sunsets. Guess my 'arty' duotone-ish treatment of the tree didn't really work.

Mike
!