Sign in with
Your question

Coolermaster power extreme plus 500w installation guide

Last response: in Components
October 15, 2012 8:30:44 PM

Curious to know if a Mastercooler extreme power plus 500 watt PS will fit into my Lenovo K4 series premade computer. This computer has a wennie 280 watt PS. Also if anyone has any info on how to install this.
I'm not a complete computer geek but I'm knowledgeable on everything but PS's.
Any help will be appreciated.
a c 116 ) Power supply
October 16, 2012 5:14:19 PM

Is your Lenovo a full size case rather than a slim line? Here is a user manual for one of the full size K4s: http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides... Is it similar to it?

And did you mean Cooler Master instead of Master Cool? Is this the PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If the above answers are 'yes', then you can swap the old PSU with the CM 500W PSU. The only possible drawback would be if the Lenovo used proprietary connectors, which I doubt. If you had a more complete model name/number of your PC, we could possibly be more precise.

October 27, 2012 3:15:08 PM

I did indeed mean Cooler Master. And the proprietory connectores part is correct as well, the only connector Cooler Master doesn't have on this PS is the Lenovo Power/3-way power switch and 3-way light indicator. i.e this computer has 3-way mode of power, the cool, auto and turbo that shows the coordinating led light color at the bottom of the unit. Does cooler master make this brand of PS or is this a Lenovo ONLY PS?

Lenovo K430 series Desktop
cpu: i5-2320 3.0ghz
a c 116 ) Power supply
October 27, 2012 5:08:02 PM

one_mean_woman said:
I did indeed mean Cooler Master. And the proprietory connectores part is correct as well, the only connector Cooler Master doesn't have on this PS is the Lenovo Power/3-way power switch and 3-way light indicator. i.e this computer has 3-way mode of power, the cool, auto and turbo that shows the coordinating led light color at the bottom of the unit. Does cooler master make this brand of PS or is this a Lenovo ONLY PS?

Lenovo K430 series Desktop
cpu: i5-2320 3.0ghz

I'm not sure why that proprietary power switch/light arrangement you speak of would affect your choice of replacement PSU, unless it connects directly to the PSU (which would be unusual). Usually front panel wiring connects to the motherboard headers. PSUs simply feed the board's 24 pin and 4 or 8 pin CPU header, HDD and optical drives, discrete graphic cards that require extra power, and possibly system fans that don't connect to a motherboard header.

Physically replacing the PSU is quite straight forward. After unplugging the cables from the PSU, simply remove the 4 mounting screws holding it to the case. (Some cable tie cutting may be required). After removing the old unit, installing the new unit is the reverse procedure.
!