• Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Fan Speed
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 15, 2012 8:58:14 PM

Hello,
I have a Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, which comes with Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan.
All my chassis fans except the side 230mm fan (connected to mobo already) stopped working last week and I disconnected them from the wires leading to the fan speed control on case (sorry not technical) and plugged them all into the motherboard which is an ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. The ports I used were something like CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN 2
The fans all work fine and the temps are normal but now I lost my fan control on the case. Is this bad? Will my fans have shorter life or draw too much power overtime. I had someone else build this PC and have little experience with building or tweaking computers. I was very proud of myself when I connected these fans alone! Please help me with alternatives or suggestions.

More about : chassis fans mobo fan speed control

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 15, 2012 9:30:16 PM

Plugging them into chassis fan headers will not shorten life, but I would check the fan controller for a loose cable, failing that contact Rosewill, they may be able to send out a replacement control board or a new case.
October 19, 2012 1:41:17 PM

Best answer selected by goalieman2009.
m
l
!