Sign in with
Your question

Pc boot up, no signal/no image

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
October 15, 2012 9:23:23 PM

Okay so i recently swapped my case for a Thermaltake level 10 GTS (last case was a cm sotrm enforcer). After i swapped i tried to boot up, the fans all began spinning and all lights turned on. However, there was no image on my monitor, all it said when i turned it on was "No signal". I tried diffrent monitors and dirffrent cables, got the same thing. I used a DVI, VGA and HDMI. I also didnt hear any BEEP, and i have the tiny speaker plugged in. I used diffrent ram diffrent HDD checked the pins on the CPU they all seem to function. I tried a diffrent GPU, it was a GT 270 GAINWARD Dual fan. The funny thing is when i used this card all the fans went to max speed. And they would just stay at that speed until i turned it off ofcourse. I couldnt get my hands on another PSU or Processor.

My specs are:

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB
GPU: Club 3D GTX 560 ti BF3 Edition 1GB OC @900mhz
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.3ghz
HDD: Western Digital 1tb

Everything worked fine before the swap. Also quick note the HDD light indicator shows no sign of activity with both HDD's and i am 100% sure that it's correctly plugged in.

More about : boot signal image

October 16, 2012 12:51:09 AM

Check to make sure motherboard is properly mounted (7 screws). Disconnect all hard drives, optical drives, case fans, usb connectors, audio connectors, remove any addon cards. Only items installed 1 memory module, processor with fan and hatsink. Try to boot system to BIOS. Then install 1 item at a time if boot is sucessful.
!