druggles

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
So I recently installed MSI Afterburner mostly to monitor my cards fan speed but I have a question I can't seem to find any answers about. My Card is a HD 7970 and everything works fine, I have it set up to where it gets hot enough the fan goes faster, but the way it seems to work is it gets hot, turns the fan up faster for about 30 seconds then it goes down again till whenever it gets hot enough again to speed on. Over a long period of time will the constant turning up and down of the fan wear it out? or do i just need to set up when the fan gets monitored better? Like I said there's no problems yet but just trying to be cautious in case something happens down the road.

most video drivers and bios set the video card fan so that it keeps the card cool at stock speds and you dont hear the fan.
most times it set at 30-50 percent. when you hear the fan noise is when it revs up where you can hear it. it normal for gpu fans and if the card vendor used a good fan the berring inside should last a long time. all i would suggest is once a year blow any dust out of your pc.