Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I5 3570K first temp read

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 15, 2012 11:50:25 PM

Just assembled a new system using an i5 3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB in a Silverstone Temjin TJ08B-E micro ATX case and cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo running one fan in push configuration. The case has a single 180mm Air Penetrator intake fan.

Just setting up and on first boot I entered the ASRock UEFI BIOS. In the BIOS hardware monitor it shows a CPU temp of between 35 and 36 C, MB temp is 32 C, the EVO fan is running at about 1900 RPM (out of 2000 per specs) and the 180mm AP is running at about 950 RMP (using fan switch set on low) - it also has a high setting which runs at about 1250 RPM. Ambient air temp is about 80 F.

This is my first time using the Hyper 212 EVO. I used Tuniq TX-2 TIM. I'd had the TIM a couple of years but it was well sealed and in a air proof baggie. The TX-2 seemed fine when I applied it, not hardened at all. I used a very small pea sized portion on the center of the CPU. I had a little trouble mounting the bracket that clamps the cooler onto the CPU (a little tough to line up the holes) but got it finally.

Before I go ahead and install Windows 7 (and get a real temperature reading utility) I would like to know if this reading seems in line with no OS or load. I could take the 212 EVO off and check the TIM spread on the CPU and heat sink base but would obviously prefer not doing that,

I'll be installing Win 7 on a Samsung 830 256GB SSD and using a WD Caviar Black 500GB HDD for storage. No gaming use at all but I might try a modest OC of the 3570K (4 - 4.2GHz). Haven't OCed before but this CPU seems to be good for it.

Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

More about : 3570k temp read

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 16, 2012 12:00:19 AM

Temperature on the CPU looks great, continue with operating system install.
Share
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2012 12:08:33 AM

I would have to say looks good to me with the ambient temps you have and small case you are using. Just as a comparison in Bios I get readings ranging from 30-32 C with a ambient temp of 74-75 F. I can see you are using a pretty small case, do you have any exhaust fans on it ? I see you have one intake fan.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 16, 2012 12:22:54 AM

Orlean said:
I would have to say looks good to me with the ambient temps you have and small case you are using. Just as a comparison in Bios I get readings ranging from 30-32 C with a ambient temp of 74-75 F. I can see you are using a pretty small case, do you have any exhaust fans on it ? I see you have one intake fan.

The TJ08B-E is advertised as a positive pressure case and quite a few people who have the case say there is no need for an exhaust fan under non-gaming or modest OCing use. I can feel a goodly amount of air exhausting from the vents in the rear. I plan on using the 3570K's onboard HD 4000 graphics for now but if I add a discrete GPU down the road I might just add a 140mm exhaust fan.

Temps are holding steady as originally posted so I guess I'll go ahead and install the OS.

Thanks for the reply.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2012 12:45:06 AM

highcountryrider said:
The TJ08B-E is advertised as a positive pressure case and quite a few people who have the case say there is no need for an exhaust fan under non-gaming or modest OCing use. I can feel a goodly amount of air exhausting from the vents in the rear. I plan on using the 3570K's onboard HD 4000 graphics for now but if I add a discrete GPU down the road I might just add a 140mm exhaust fan.

Temps are holding steady as originally posted so I guess I'll go ahead and install the OS.

Thanks for the reply.


I briefly searched and look at the case to see what you were using so I wasn't aware that the case was a positive pressure case . I'm accustomed to cases that have exhaust fans at least the ones I've used in my personal experience. But none the less no need to be alarmed with installing the OS, enjoy your new system!
m
0
l
October 16, 2012 6:12:59 AM

Best answer selected by highcountryrider.
m
0
l
October 16, 2012 7:23:35 PM

highcountryrider said:
Just assembled a new system using an i5 3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-M micro ATX MB in a Silverstone Temjin TJ08B-E micro ATX case and cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo running one fan in push configuration. The case has a single 180mm Air Penetrator intake fan.

Just setting up and on first boot I entered the ASRock UEFI BIOS. In the BIOS hardware monitor it shows a CPU temp of between 35 and 36 C, MB temp is 32 C, the EVO fan is running at about 1900 RPM (out of 2000 per specs) and the 180mm AP is running at about 950 RMP (using fan switch set on low) - it also has a high setting which runs at about 1250 RPM. Ambient air temp is about 80 F.

This is my first time using the Hyper 212 EVO. I used Tuniq TX-2 TIM. I'd had the TIM a couple of years but it was well sealed and in a air proof baggie. The TX-2 seemed fine when I applied it, not hardened at all. I used a very small pea sized portion on the center of the CPU. I had a little trouble mounting the bracket that clamps the cooler onto the CPU (a little tough to line up the holes) but got it finally.

Before I go ahead and install Windows 7 (and get a real temperature reading utility) I would like to know if this reading seems in line with no OS or load. I could take the 212 EVO off and check the TIM spread on the CPU and heat sink base but would obviously prefer not doing that,

I'll be installing Win 7 on a Samsung 830 256GB SSD and using a WD Caviar Black 500GB HDD for storage. No gaming use at all but I might try a modest OC of the 3570K (4 - 4.2GHz). Haven't OCed before but this CPU seems to be good for it.

Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

OK, I got Windows 7 installed. Just as an aside, I installed from a USB flash drive onto the Samsung SSD and the whole install process took about 10 minutes!

First thing this morning upon booting the system the BIOS reading for CPU temp was 27 - 29 C and motherboard was 22 C with ambient air temp about 60 F. I ran RealTemp 3.70 and the readings were about 22 C - Core1, 30 C - Core 2, 26 C - Core 3 and 23 C - Core 4. These are just readings I grabbed because they kept changing by a degree or two, up and down.

Still nothing installed into Win 7 and very little load. Do these temps seem OK?
m
0
l
!