where to ask question

Where should I ask about WinXp Pro? Can you upgrade from Home to Pro or
will it take another $100?
5 answers Last reply
More about where question

    You can upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro, but it will probably take more than
    $100.

    Upgrading from Previous Versions of Windows
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/matrix.mspx

    How to Get Windows XP Professional
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:I_RMd.27226$_L4.23869@fe06.lga,
    ~~Seska_Vedek~~ <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

    ~~Seska_Vedek~~ wrote:

    > Where should I ask about WinXp Pro? Can you upgrade from Home
    > to Pro

    Yes.

    > or will it take another $100?

    The upgrade isn't free, if that's what you're asking. There is no
    special upgrade version just for this, but the regular XP
    Professional Upgrade works fine (although it doesn't say so on
    the box).

    But are you sure you want to do this? Are you aware that XP Home
    and Professional are identical except that Professional includes
    a few features (mostly related to security and networking)
    missing from Home? Most home users don't need and would never use
    these extra features and will see no benefits by upgrading.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You can upgrade from Home to Pro but it will cost you for the upgrade.
    "~~Seska_Vedek~~" <seska_vedek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Where should I ask about WinXp Pro? Can you upgrade from Home to Pro or
    > will it take another $100?

    Excellent Advice given by Ken.

    In news:TCjNd.7441$e11.6598@twister.socal.rr.com,
    Rich Barry <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> typed: