Sign in with
Your question

ViewSonic vs. Samsung LCD Monitor: Which is best?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 7, 2003 11:40:12 PM

I would like to get everybodys thoughts on the Viewsonic vs. the Samsung LCD Flat-Panel Monitors. I am interested in purchasing a 21 incher for work, and wish to buy the sharpest, best monitor avilable. All responses are apppreciated. Thank you.
June 15, 2003 6:59:11 PM

I bought a 213T and love it very, very much. I found in my searching overall much more complaints after purchase with the Viewsonic than Samsung lcd's. And then I heard NEC sued Viewsonic for lying about specs. Apparently NEC's claim is that Viewsonics specs exceed the specs of the supplier of the panel itself. Having checked a few of their source panels I've always wondered why they had "better" specs than the parent panel. Oh well, I guess NEC had enough and put the lawyers to work.

Anyway, these days most 20+ panels from major vendors are pretty darn good imo, but when I had to put my money down, I went with the Samsung for reassurance. I got a 21" panel with superb response even in games, great dark scale reproduction and zero pixel defects. I'd highly recommend it.
January 10, 2013 11:59:04 AM

I had a Viewsonic LCD monitor ( 17 inches widescreen 1440x900 ) for almost 5 years and it was surprisingly good, and yet it is not dead or acting weird, still as good as a new one, i sold it and bought the Samsung S22B300B 22 inch LED monitor..... i just spent 3 weeks with my new samsung and its very great.....so go with what you think you prefer, because both companies will deliver a high quality, long lasting product
a b Ô Samsung
January 10, 2013 2:27:47 PM

I have had both and more recently a Samsung. I find both to be good quality monitors but would give the edge to Samsung , they just give a great looking picture.
!