Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMD vs Nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 18, 2012 6:44:36 PM

http://www.dataleks.lv/lv/item/video-cards:3688

http://www.dataleks.lv/lv/item/video-cards:3663?js=true

http://www.dataleks.lv/lv/item/video-cards:3664

whitch or these chouse? OC GTX 560 is the best of them? i need advice from them not get some bucks more and get HD6950 bla bla :D  i have heard it many times :LD

More about : amd nvidia

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 6:49:21 PM

the 6870 should be better than the non-ti 560 here is a relative performance graphics:



also i see it is cheaper.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:00:37 PM

hm maybe that is true, but anywais they should be very close in performance, you must check wich one you would like, AMD or NVIDIA? i personally would go with NVIDIA, Physx/3D Vision/Cuda are my priorities but that is just me...

Both cards will be very close in performance if you really can't invest more and go with a 560 ti or a 6950 you will be already happy with any of those...
April 18, 2012 7:03:52 PM

ricardois said:
hm maybe that is true, but anywais they should be very close in performance, you must check wich one you would like, AMD or NVIDIA? i personally would go with NVIDIA, Physx/3D Vision/Cuda are my priorities but that is just me...

Both cards will be very close in performance if you really can't invest more and go with a 560 ti or a 6950 you will be already happy with any of those...



yes i want GTX 560 Ti but its too expensiv for me in Latvia :( 
April 18, 2012 7:09:07 PM

mitunchidamparam said:
The OC 6870 will reach the perfomance of the 6950 and better than the GTX 560 ti


whitch model number? msi too expensive :(  gigabyte looks god for me :) 
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:11:50 PM

ManiaKsLV said:
whitch model number? msi too expensive :(  gigabyte looks god for me :) 

i think that he was saying about the 6870 manually overclocked gpu, i don't think that any 6870 will come overclocked at those values by factory overclock, since that can cause a lot of problems. but yes it could be possible, but also if you think that way you could overclock the 560 more too and also get high values...
April 18, 2012 7:14:09 PM

ricardois said:
i think that he was saying about the 6870 manually overclocked gpu, i don't think that any 6870 will come overclocked at those values by factory overclock, since that can cause a lot of problems. but yes it could be possible, but also if you think that way you could overclock the 560 more too and also get high values...



i think this GTX 560 OC version http://www.dataleks.lv/lv/item/video-cards:3664

have 900mhz and tet 950mhz easy and even 1ghz because its ~30% overclock but i go for 15%
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:25:14 PM

yes i would go with the 560 ti too before the 6870 the performance/money will worth the extra cash...
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:29:11 PM

If you don't want HD 6870 and don't have money for GTX 560 Ti, it's OK going for GTX 560. The performance difference is marginal, and they trade blows in games with HD6870. It's not like GTX 560 is super bad like people are saying here :) 
April 18, 2012 7:38:33 PM

Sunius said:
If you don't want HD 6870 and don't have money for GTX 560 Ti, it's OK going for GTX 560. The performance difference is marginal, and they trade blows in games with HD6870. It's not like GTX 560 is super bad like people are saying here :) 


i didnt say i don't want HD 6870 but i ask that OC GTX 560 is better tahn HD 6870 :D  because some say it is :D  XD FOR battlefield 3 its better for sure :D 
a c 212 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:39:06 PM

mitunchidamparam said:
The OC 6870 will reach the perfomance of the 6950 and better than the GTX 560 ti


Not from what I'm looking at ....

Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite, COD-MW, Bad Company 2, Dirt 2, Far Cry 2, Metro 2033, Dawn of Discovery, Crysis Warhead. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) for the various options in parenthesis (single card / SL or CF) are tabulated below along with their cost in dollars per frame single card - CF or SLI:

$ 160.00 6870 (434/701) $ 0.37 - $ 0.46
$ 220.00 6950 (479/751) $ 0.46 - $ 0.59
$ 240.00 6950 Frozr OC (484/759) $ 0.50 - $ 0.63
$ 200.00 560 Ti (455/792) $ 0.44 - $ 0.51
$ 210.00 560 Ti - 900 Mhz (495/862) $ 0.42 - $ 0.49

The 6870 is a great buy at $0.37 per frame and $0.46 in CF .... numbers the 6950 can't get near....but the 6950 outperforms it by 10% .... not enough to justify the cost difference IMO.

The factory OC'd 6950' 479 fps trails slightly behind the factory OC'd 560 Ti's 495 but when paired the 560 Ti's 862 whallops the 6950's 759.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:41:09 PM

ManiaKsLV said:
yes 20 lats is 40 dolars :D 


it is really a money that will worth the extra performance.
April 18, 2012 7:49:08 PM

ricardois said:
it is really a money that will worth the extra performance.



latvia is ***! everything is expensive but earn is low! so i cant offer better card than thos! even i want to! :(  i was looking in ebay! but with shiping the same price :( 
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 7:59:43 PM

ManiaKsLV said:
latvia is ***! everything is expensive but earn is low! so i cant offer better card than thos! even i want to! :(  i was looking in ebay! but with shiping the same price :( 


i know how you fell i'm from brazil and here the prices is also ridiculously high, the solution is buying from close countrys that have an acceptable price still much higher, i am probably going to buy a 680 what is about U$500 on every place, and here i am get on the best offer with a hard work for U$610...
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 8:00:45 PM

It's not only Latvia that has those prices.. They are similar is all the Europe Union! From Lithuania here, there's almost no price difference between Latvia and here. UK prices are same too, even though it not that close together!
a c 290 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 8:15:06 PM

Gigabyte one seems to have better cooling.
!