Need help buying a new gaming PC

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hey guys!

I am hunting for a great gaming PC which should be in my budget of 500-850$. I would prefer if its lower then 800$. I usually play COD4 , world of Warcraft and Age of empire 2 the conquerors multiplayer online on Game Ranger. I am planning to buy some more new games in the future but i really like these game and i have good friends who play these games with me. So i need to get a good computer that will be faster and have good graphics etc. I don't know much about computers but i have researched allot but i still get confused which to chose and people have different opinions. I don't want to build my own because i don't know allot about the specs etc and i need this computer ASAP before my summer over.

PS: I also need this computer to serve as dual purpose for my school work etc! I will meanwhile hunt around online & will post specs to get yours opinions.

Can you guys tell me or show me links to which computer is good for gaming and will last for longer without upgrading it sooner.

Thanks will look forward to your opinion and answers. HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE.

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I am looking for a good gaming PC and for my regular school work. My first priority is , it needs to be a best gaming PC.

My budget is 500-800$. Preferably lower then 800$.

Games I play now on my old PC: Age of Empire II The Conquerors, World of Warcraft , Age of Empire III , Call of Duty 4 and Black ops. I play these games online on GameRanger.

I need a good faster processor which will basically run these games and some new games which i will buy later on. I need it to last longer without updating it soon.

I heard lots about different processors AMD, intel i3 , i5 i7 etc. IDK which one will be best for gaming. So can you guys help me find a good PC since i don't have much knowledge of PC specs. Will truly appreciate it.

Not looking to build one.

Meanwhile i will also post some PC specs i have seen for your opinions.

Thanks.

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
@ WR2 - Posted on that Thread. Thanks

@Cluthc - Thanks for the link. Its a good price but my concern is will it last longer and will it run faster and smoothly for the games i play ? (AOE 2 , COD4 & black ops , WOW and AOE3). My first priority is, it needs to be a good gaming computer.

If the main use of the Pc is to be gaming then the one component that you want to concentrate on is the video card and it's also the one component that will make more of a difference then a cpu will. There are a lot of sites that have a system builder in the site that would let you pick the parts and the overall price and then they build it and sell it to you.

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
@inzone - Thats a good idea to build one of my own. But i am a newbie, so do not know much about specs etc. I need it to last longer and to be faster when i do other stuff beside gaming. any recommendation to what processor to choose , video card , ram etc. Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I'm just going by the price limit you set. Yes, those pre-builts are a good machine. They are assembled with retail components just like you'd buy yourself. The only weak link I see is the 10/100 LAN. Most machines use 10/100/1000 LAN for faster broadband speeds if you are an online gamer. But 10/100 is no slouch and you probably won't notice the difference.

You will get as many suggestions for pre-builts as there are folks responding to your post ;)

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks! Will look forward to that. Need some advice on which specs should i chose if i want to build my own. and if anyone has a good reliable website where i can chose my own requirements will be much help! I know video card and processor will be important feature everything else will be next...

inanition02

Distinguished
In your budget, this is the best pre-built GAMER (note there are others out there with a slightly less powerful video card and a better proc...)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229292

Ooooor, if you're ok with installing just a video card, this PC/video card combination would be way better for $830 (after $20 mail in rebate):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155245

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127616

And you would get a free game too.

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks! That looks like a good deal. I liked the second one where i can add the video card. Do you think if i bought that and did not add the video card, will it able to perform smoothly with my games ? maybe i can add it after 2-3 months. =D

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Don't get the Dell. :??:
The case is small and you'll be limited on the graphic card length.

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I found some Pre-built gaming PC's : which one you guys prefer that will be best for gaming...

2nd Generation Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6450, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 460

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1769160&Sku=D211-11003

This one is a little expensive

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Dual Radeon HD 5570 1GB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7007453&Sku=C122-08250

When i first started hunting this one was the first one that i liked the most. Simple and really easy to carry. what do you guys think about it ? will it be worth it compare to other PC out their ?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dpcwxn1&cs=19&dgvcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&m_3=2GB62&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10550055-4328635-&ACD=10550055-2165238-gs123&AID=2165238

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

The first has a great processor but a weak card. Likewise with #2. Gaming frame rates is mainly about the graphics card.
The Dell link is broke.
The first one I suggested is better than any of those for pure gaming.

inanition02

Distinguished

It's a full width case - so you could add most cards. (I purposefully avoided slimline cases) You wouldn't be able to add a 7970 or 670/680, but a 560 ti should be fine for him.

And no - you can't play those games at any sort of decent framerate on integrated graphics (at least not at the most common resolutions...) so you have to get a video card either in the computer or add it upon purchase.

inanition02

Distinguished

If by the "first one" you mean the dell XPS 8300 on TigerDirect, you should be able to change the video card (it's not a slim case), but you're already spending $800 on just the PC. Might as well get the combo I linked above (the cases are virtually the same size).

The alienware is a decent deal for a mini gaming PC, but the video card (545 GT) is pretty weak.

inanition02

Distinguished

Geez..for a "veteran" you should be able to see looking at the picture that the 5.25" drive mounts across the case not vertical, so it's a full-width case and thus can take a full slot card. Card LENGTH might be a concern, but only at the high end (i.e., only the 7970, 7950, 670, 680 and the like are that long). (You made the same comment about the PC that I recommended above even though it's the same size case...)

MicroATX <> Slimline.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Which Dell are you talking about? I was referring to the $699 Dell Alienware maybe being a slim line. http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/fs
This Dell ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883155245 ) is the one I was saying had a small case. Small as in a mATX case that leaves little room for a long graphics card.
Capish?

kakashi7001

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks guys for all your help! I have decided that, i will try to build my own PC with all your help. You guys are awesome and gave me courage to do so. I have watched videos on YouTube by Newegg on how to build a PC. Its quite easy and will be a fun experience to do. I will soon fill out that form about the info you guys need. Will post that soon here. Will create a new thread since this has many comments. Thanks =D

TRENDING THREADS