Solved

HD 5750 on Dell PSU 375W?

Hello,
I wonder if this PSU can handle an HD 5750 1Go.
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T3400 with this config:
CPU:Q6600 @2.4 Ghz
RAM:3Go DDR2
GPU:Quadro FX 570 (which i want replace )
HDD:250Gb

For more info about this PSU:
http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Dimension-Precision-Workstation/dp/B0039OHV2O
http://www.itouchfrance.fr/docs/alim-xps420.gif


(Sorry 4 my bad English ^^')
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5750 dell 375w
  1. Best answer
    kofzero2002 said:
    Hello,
    I wonder if this PSU can handle an HD 5750 1Go.
    I have a Dell Precision Workstation T3400 with this config:
    CPU:Q6600 @2.4 Ghz
    RAM:3Go DDR2
    GPU:Quadro FX 570 (which i want replace )
    HDD:250Gb

    For more info about this PSU:
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Dimension-Precision-Workstation/dp/B0039OHV2O
    http://www.itouchfrance.fr/docs/alim-xps420.gif


    (Sorry 4 my bad English ^^')


    Im guessing you got it for free since there are much better PSUs out there which are the same price or cheaper than this one. But anyways it should be able to handle it fine, providing that it has been used very little, and you only plan on using it for, I dont know, a year? If your going to use all the components at full load then you'll be walking a very thin line
  2. I'm not locking for Overlocking my Q6600 or the video card,so what do you think?
  3. It will work.But I would suggest going for a 7750.It consumes about 30 watts less and it's slightly faster.
  4. kofzero2002 said:
    I'm not locking for Overlocking my Q6600 or the video card,so what do you think?


    It should be fine.
    If your planning on playing some games may I suggest a 5770 (much easier to find where to buy 'em) and a COOLER MASTER Elite 460 watt power supply. This would require an additional investment but it means you'll get more performance out of it.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171046
  5. carlosb said:
    It should be fine.
    If your planning on playing some games may I suggest a 5770 (much easier to find where to buy 'em) and a COOLER MASTER Elite 460 watt power supply. This would require an additional investment but it means you'll get more performance out of it.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171046


    NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!
    Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W Power Supply Review
    "Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W is simply an Elite Power 400 W with a new label. "
  6. Anonymous said:
    NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!
    Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W Power Supply Review
    "Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W is simply an Elite Power 400 W with a new label. "


    Ooops? :??:
  7. Anonymous said:
    NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!
    Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W Power Supply Review
    "Cooler Master Elite Power 460 W is simply an Elite Power 400 W with a new label. "


    Well from what i read it says that it should deliver up to 420watt which will be enough for the OP in case he wants to get it. Otherwise it seems like a common low budget psu.
  8. It doesn't look like the OP is wanting to spend a whole lot of money.He's using a workstation PC not a gaming PC.Just use the PSU they already have.And a 400 watt PSU is only 25 watts more than the Dell PSU.And I think the Dell PSU is even better quality.
  9. thanx guys,i hope it work ^^
  10. Are you going to get the 5750 or the 7750?
  11. purple stank said:
    Are you going to get the 5750 or the 7750?

    5750
  12. Another question about my monitor,which have a max resolution of 1024x768,and i heard that it could affect the cpu somehow,can someone explain please ?
  13. since your GPU can render more frames faster it puts more of a load on your CPU.
  14. So by playing at this resolution,it could minimize the power drawing from the gpu?
  15. not minimize it as much as maximize it.
  16. So,do i REALLY need to change my monitor?
  17. kofzero2002 said:
    So,do i REALLY need to change my monitor?

    No. Why would you? Unless you want to play at a much lower resolution. Your cpu should handle fine
  18. Best answer selected by kofzero2002.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell HD Graphics Product