Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 2D surround

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 18, 2012 10:43:39 PM

Ok, i hooked up three new 24" Dell 1920x1080 monitors today for surround with the GTX680. I got it all configured ok i think, with help from EVGA support. Believe it or not no one answers Nvidia support number. I had to go to their live chat and request someone (forgeign country, of course) to call me.

He didn't help much and seemed to be in a hurry get rid of me, so he could head to the next call. Maybe he gets graded on quanity and not quality.

Oh well, my problem is this. When i go to COD or MW3, my total 3 screen view is hugh, 1-2 inch text, and when i enter the game i have half a gun on left screen, half a gun on right screen and backround in the center. Its way to streched and off center. Games settings automatically go to that hugh resolution of 5760xwhatever. Do i have to find a happy medium between 1920x1080 and the max surround resolution .

I was told i could find some patches at Wide Screen Gaming but i saw none listed.

I need some pro help here.

Yes my system is strong enough to support all this hardware.

More about : nvidia surround

a c 80 Î Nvidia
April 18, 2012 11:18:28 PM

Before you enabled 2D surround, did you configure your extended desktop to make sure it had your 3 monitors in the right order? Perhaps I misunderstand you, but it sounds like the monitors aren't in the right order with what is on the screen.

It also sounds like when you enter a game not configured, it is defaulting you at 1080p, but stretched across all 3 screens. This is normal, because in 2D surround and eyefinity, your 3 monitors are treated as 1 monitor and this also means that the default resolution that most games put you in will get stretched across your 3 screens, which is particularly weird looking due to aspect ratio of a 2D surround setup (48:9 instead of 16:9). Once you pick the correct resolution, it won't look stretched.
m
l
April 18, 2012 11:28:15 PM

Well, if all three monitors do is strech one screen, to bad proportion then all the hype about triple display, is just that, "hype". If that is good as it gets, i just wasted money on three monitors, cables, etc. :o 
m
l
Related resources
a c 80 Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 12:24:04 AM

getlee said:
Well, if all three monitors do is strech one screen, to bad proportion then all the hype about triple display, is just that, "hype". If that is good as it gets, i just wasted money on three monitors, cables, etc. :o 

You have to change the resolution to be 5760x1080p in game. That way it all is properly displayed.

What were you expecting to be displayed?
m
l
April 19, 2012 12:38:31 AM

Nah that didn't work, i knew that.
But i expected to see three normal size screens. Nevermind. Back to Best Buy to refund for the monitors.

So much for geek work, today. I'll just go back to my 28".

But thanks for your advice.
m
l
a c 80 Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 12:50:59 AM

You should see 3 normal sized screens, but as a single view.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 1:14:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn223O4S2Rk

Watch the video.

You can clearly see he has THREE INDEPENDENT MONITORS (four actually) and when he launches the benchmark it runs at 5760x1080.

So you just need to figure out the NVidia Control Panel. You'll likely want the MIDDLE SCREEN for Windows desktop and the others as EXTENDED screens.

*I wasn't sure at first, but then I noticed he had three independent wallpapers, plus I was already sure this was how it worked. It wouldn't make sense to make you run Windows like that or have to switch the resolution manually back and forth every time you play a game.
m
l
!