Corsair H60 mounting

Defmute

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

This may be a really really REALLY stupid question, but would there be any problem if I wanted to mount the fan of a H60 on top of my case instead of the back?

I've only seen pictures of people installing the fan at the rear of the computer, but I already have an exhaust fan there...

carneyd1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hi mate,

Funnily enough I literally just installed my h60 about 2 days ago. i didnt have any room for it either so I monted it to the inside of the side wall of the case.

The reason you shouldnt really install it on the outside of the case is:

1) A fan on the outside is a little dangerous.
2) I dont think the cable connecting to the Mobo CPU_FAN header is long enough.
3) you have to insall the FAN and Radiator on the outside as the screw together.
4) the water pipes are a little stiff and you would need to MOD your case with a hole in the side to get the water pipes out.

Tbh I would install it on one the the open "holey" areas on the inside of the side wall of the case. Works pretty well for mine and temps are running nice and low.

Hope that helped. :D

Defmute

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I think I've confused some people :p

My case has a mount on the top for a 120mm fan:

http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6704

Will it be fine?

Defmute

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

That didn't work :)

carneyd1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

LOL duh I get what you mean now.

Aslong as you have a fan cooling your CPU tbh it doesnt really matter where it is.

If you can create an airflow path so only cool air is comming in and hot going out then that would be better.

Mount to the top and check your CPU temps after running some apps.

If its stable and cool enough for your needs then go for it.

Defmute

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

Thanks for the video! :) Even the guy said I could mount it to the top

Defmute

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I should be fine, I have 2 in fans, one at the front of the case and another on the side and then one exhaust as I mentioned at the back. So mounting the H60 to the top fan mount should be fine!