Desktop Folders

February 5, 2005 4:39:02 AM

I have on my desktop a number of folders, with icons in it, in order to start
programs. Some folders with a few icons, others with more icons. I want the
folders to have their own dimension. So a folder with a few icons is small
and other larger. But I cannot find the way to do that. If I move the
folder-edge, with a large number of icons in it, with my mouse to make it the
correct measure, it is too large for the folder with less icons in it. And if
I do the same for the floder with less icons it is too small for the folder
with more icons. I have set in "Folder Options" the selection "Open each
folder in its own window" and in "View" the selection "Launch folder windows
in a separate process". Is there a smart REGISTRY-setting to cope with this
problem ? Thanks Jan.

More about : desktop folders

February 6, 2005 5:19:41 AM

Hi Jan,

Stretch the folder out to size, then use File/Close.

--
Happy Mardi Gras,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have on my desktop a number of folders, with icons in it, in order to
>start
> programs. Some folders with a few icons, others with more icons. I want
> the
> folders to have their own dimension. So a folder with a few icons is small
> and other larger. But I cannot find the way to do that. If I move the
> folder-edge, with a large number of icons in it, with my mouse to make it
> the
> correct measure, it is too large for the folder with less icons in it. And
> if
> I do the same for the floder with less icons it is too small for the
> folder
> with more icons. I have set in "Folder Options" the selection "Open each
> folder in its own window" and in "View" the selection "Launch folder
> windows
> in a separate process". Is there a smart REGISTRY-setting to cope with
> this
> problem ? Thanks Jan.
February 12, 2005 10:57:02 AM

I myself found a solution for my problem in the settings of my Matrox
Video-card (auto save/restore windows positions). Thank you for your replies.
Greetings, Jan.

!