Desktop Folders

I have on my desktop a number of folders, with icons in it, in order to start
programs. Some folders with a few icons, others with more icons. I want the
folders to have their own dimension. So a folder with a few icons is small
and other larger. But I cannot find the way to do that. If I move the
folder-edge, with a large number of icons in it, with my mouse to make it the
correct measure, it is too large for the folder with less icons in it. And if
I do the same for the floder with less icons it is too small for the folder
with more icons. I have set in "Folder Options" the selection "Open each
folder in its own window" and in "View" the selection "Launch folder windows
in a separate process". Is there a smart REGISTRY-setting to cope with this
problem ? Thanks Jan.
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop folders

    Hi Jan,

    Stretch the folder out to size, then use File/Close.

    --
    Happy Mardi Gras,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have on my desktop a number of folders, with icons in it, in order to
    >start
    > programs. Some folders with a few icons, others with more icons. I want
    > the
    > folders to have their own dimension. So a folder with a few icons is small
    > and other larger. But I cannot find the way to do that. If I move the
    > folder-edge, with a large number of icons in it, with my mouse to make it
    > the
    > correct measure, it is too large for the folder with less icons in it. And
    > if
    > I do the same for the floder with less icons it is too small for the
    > folder
    > with more icons. I have set in "Folder Options" the selection "Open each
    > folder in its own window" and in "View" the selection "Launch folder
    > windows
    > in a separate process". Is there a smart REGISTRY-setting to cope with
    > this
    > problem ? Thanks Jan.

    I myself found a solution for my problem in the settings of my Matrox
    Video-card (auto save/restore windows positions). Thank you for your replies.
    Greetings, Jan.

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Hi Jan,
    >
    > Stretch the folder out to size, then use File/Close.
    >
    > --
    > Happy Mardi Gras,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have on my desktop a number of folders, with icons in it, in order to
    > >start
    > > programs. Some folders with a few icons, others with more icons. I want
    > > the
    > > folders to have their own dimension. So a folder with a few icons is small
    > > and other larger. But I cannot find the way to do that. If I move the
    > > folder-edge, with a large number of icons in it, with my mouse to make it
    > > the
    > > correct measure, it is too large for the folder with less icons in it. And
    > > if
    > > I do the same for the floder with less icons it is too small for the
    > > folder
    > > with more icons. I have set in "Folder Options" the selection "Open each
    > > folder in its own window" and in "View" the selection "Launch folder
    > > windows
    > > in a separate process". Is there a smart REGISTRY-setting to cope with
    > > this
    > > problem ? Thanks Jan.

Configuration Desktops Customization Icons Windows XP