Sign in with
Your question

How to change outlook express as the default mail fr window live?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2012 12:37:19 PM

Hello,
I hv a prob here.....I hve always use outlook express to receive n send mails bt I did something wrong whn a photovideo came on and asked if I want to window live as the default n I accidentally hit the yes button n now some of my mails appeared or rather came to Windows Live and others to outlook express?? pls help ...how do I revert the settings back to only outlook express as my default???
January 26, 2012 12:48:02 PM

Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Default Programs.

Click Set your default programs.

Under Programs, click the e‑mail program you'd like to use, and then click Set this program as default.

Click OK.

a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2012 12:53:36 PM

Hello JanetWWK;

You're were using Windows 7 AND Outlook Express together?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2012 12:54:50 PM

@ SIGNOR;
It she was using Outlook Express I'm thinking she's not using Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2012 12:59:35 PM

My quess - using windows XP, But posting indicate windows 7 ??
January 26, 2012 1:00:27 PM

Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click Programs tab and select your email client from the drop-down list. Once selected, click OK/Apply button.

Typically how its done in Xp.

I would have to agree with you WR2, the likely hood of somebody using express with win7 is low, was a quick response and I just overlooked the norm. I know express can be run in win 7, but its not often somebody does.
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2012 1:06:06 PM

signor said:
Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Click Programs tab and select your email client from the drop-down list. Once selected, click OK/Apply button.

Typically how its done in Xp.
That should get it done.
!