Your question

Posting results in notification that site is unavailable

Tags:
  • Site Bug Reports
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
December 13, 2012 5:25:14 PM

Greetings,

Seems that the site is having issues. When posting comments, I often get the ol' "The site is temporarily unavailable.
Please come back soon. " page. I have seen from 3 different IP addresses in the last couple of days (home, office, and while traveling).

Have a HOOAH day!!!

Your friendly neighborhood COLGeek

More about : posting results notification site unavailable

December 22, 2012 7:16:30 PM

Seems this issue continues. BTW, I see that not all responses to a post are incrementing on the thread indicator. Posted a couple things a short while ago and subsequent responses don't result in notification. What's up?
December 28, 2012 10:12:18 AM

Bumping as it's an issue for me.
Related resources
December 28, 2012 11:46:58 AM

Keep calm and carry on, folks. All sites need maintenance time and it's better than closing down completely if it can be done while the site is mainly live and kicking. Also, with the launch of the new unified Forum some time in the next month or so, there are probably all kinds of activities going on behind the scenes.

Have a look in the Beta related threads in the International sub-Forum http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-52.html

December 28, 2012 12:58:47 PM

Saga Lout said:
Keep calm and carry on, folks. All sites need maintenance time and it's better than closing down completely if it can be done while the site is mainly live and kicking. Also, with the launch of the new unified Forum some time in the next month or so, there are probably all kinds of activities going on behind the scenes.

Have a look in the Beta related threads in the International sub-Forum http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-52.html

Unless the forum has 24/7 maintenance, it's a site bug as it happens after every single post I make.
December 28, 2012 5:37:57 PM

I just saw an "Oops sorry - 404 error" page after typing a lengthy piece of advice in the XP sub-Forum but hitting the back button showed it had actually posted anyway. It's probably best to clipboard anything over fifty words, to save having to write it all again, until they fix this.
January 3, 2013 3:08:03 PM

There was a temporary issue with maintenance, though it should be resolved now. If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.
January 3, 2013 4:00:46 PM

jpishgar said:
There was a temporary issue with maintenance, though it should be resolved now. If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks. I haven't seen the issue in several days now.