Floppy Search

Everytime when I have used a floppy (and removed it again), my PC is
searching for this floppy when I turn off my PC or logoff the current user.
Very annoying.
With W98SE one could use a setting with the Device Manager to let the PC NOT
to search for a floppy. Is there with WXP (Home) a possibility to do the same
or is there a setting in the REGISTRY that can be changed to do the job ?
Thanks Jan.
1 answer Last reply
More about floppy search

    Hi Jan,

    Floppy Drive Seeks in Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm#xp_floppy

    --
    Happy Mardi Gras,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP

    "Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime when I have used a floppy (and removed it again), my PC is
    > searching for this floppy when I turn off my PC or logoff the current
    > user.
    > Very annoying.
    > With W98SE one could use a setting with the Device Manager to let the PC
    > NOT
    > to search for a floppy. Is there with WXP (Home) a possibility to do the
    > same
    > or is there a setting in the REGISTRY that can be changed to do the job ?
    > Thanks Jan.

Configuration Device Manager Floppy Disk Microsoft Customization Windows XP