Jan

Everytime when I have used a floppy (and removed it again), my PC is
searching for this floppy when I turn off my PC or logoff the current user.
Very annoying.
With W98SE one could use a setting with the Device Manager to let the PC NOT
to search for a floppy. Is there with WXP (Home) a possibility to do the same
or is there a setting in the REGISTRY that can be changed to do the job ?
Thanks Jan.

kelly

Hi Jan,

Floppy Drive Seeks in Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm#xp_floppy

--
Happy Mardi Gras,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"Jan" <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime when I have used a floppy (and removed it again), my PC is
> searching for this floppy when I turn off my PC or logoff the current
> user.
> Very annoying.
> With W98SE one could use a setting with the Device Manager to let the PC
> NOT
> to search for a floppy. Is there with WXP (Home) a possibility to do the
> same
> or is there a setting in the REGISTRY that can be changed to do the job ?
> Thanks Jan.

TRENDING THREADS