Graphical corruption Radeon 6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I just helped a buddy build his first computer. We got everything installed, everything was fine until he fired up his game and he started noticing graphical corruption in it. Flickering, graphical corruption, white boxes all over the screen that flicker, and other artifacts, he's hooked up to an older 19" CRT (no room in budget for LCD). His specs are:

HIS Radeon HD6750 1Gb DVI/VGA/HDMI
GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
AMD FX-4100 AM3+
Western Digital RE4 WD5003ABYX 500GB
LG DVD Burner
Rosewill CHALLENGER case

The vid card has no extra power connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I checked the temps they seemed fine 40c idle, didn't check under load. Used the stock drivers off the disk (don't know the version #), but he updated to the latest 12.3 driver when he tried running Runes of Magic, it did it even in the browser based game Drakensang. No white boxes then, just graphics all out of place and flickering. I'm having him reseat his memory, video card, check all power connections, video connection, and to make sure the video card fan is spinning. He has a DVI to VGA adapter that I told him to try as well. If all this fails I'll tell him to RMA the card. Good thing he bought everything from Newegg.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I don't have a PC just this POS HP 620 laptop I'm using, and he doesnt have another PC, he has the same laptop as I do. He wanted a PC to game on, since these laptops are Celeron dual core 1.8GHz, with Intel 4 series graphics and 4Gb ram. Got them from our College so they're not the greatest.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Bad card, checked everything we could think of, reseating ram, video card, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers (both stock and latest 12.3), checked bios settings on MB. Started getting screen tearing on the desktop. RMA'd to Newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.