Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Radeon HD 5850/Display Error?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 2:42:05 AM

So I've had this card for I think 2 years, not the original I owned though. I've been having these issues, and I noticed if I try overclocking (I stopped due to this) my screen glitches repeatedly, but it's only my left monitor.
Onto the REAL problem at hand.

Say I'm playing a game for a couple hours, I'll crash to desktop with no warning, and then pretty much any program I would like to use, will not function properly, and sometimes AT ALL, I use Zune software for media, and that just goes bonkers, Google Chrome also does the same, as well as Steam. I also very rarely hear a click in my headset when it happens, and it usually says Video Drivers have stopped responding, this has happened on NUMEROUS versions of catalyst, not just one version.

I also my old install of windows have MAJOR amounts of blue screens and I took a picture of one, the error was "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" Which I believe leads to RAM errors does it not? I have run memory tests and come with no errors.
I have run CPU Tests and come back with no errors, as well as Furmark for my GPU.

So I ask, HAS anyone else had this error, or does anyone have a CLUE what is even wrong?
My furmark ranks without the overclock in place were 2881 approx, and I even ran two separate OC'd Furmarks, no visual glitches while IN test, but outside it was still messed up, higher OC was 2700, below that one was 2900.. -.-

Best solution

April 19, 2012 2:54:45 AM

first do a chkdsk and follow this on microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957628.asp...
April 19, 2012 2:56:03 AM

I did chkdsk as well, before I reformatted my drive :/  nothing showed up, I'm looking at the description of that error though
Score
Related resources
April 19, 2012 3:09:06 AM

So I had a sliver of what that error meant, it could be numerous things, bad sectors and a faulty Graphics Card seem to be most likely the issue though, a while back I couldn't boot up at all so I removed my card, it booted, with the card in it wasn't even making post, but then it spontaneously decided hey I'm gonna work now lol?
I don't think I'm missing anything else that has been a problem..
Score
April 19, 2012 3:12:25 AM

since when you overclock the left part is not working as it should then card could have a defect on her time to think for a new one
Score
April 19, 2012 3:16:33 AM

So I'm most likely right to think it's the Graphics Card that's faulty?
Score
April 19, 2012 3:20:15 AM

yes if you could try her on another system with same set up you use that will confirm if she is faulty or not
Score
April 19, 2012 3:23:42 AM

Thanks, once I build my sister her computer I'll test it on that and figure out wth is actually going on, good advice thank you.
Score
April 19, 2012 3:24:09 AM

Best answer selected by Timendo.
Score
April 19, 2012 3:24:20 AM

your welcome be around if you need more help
Score
April 19, 2012 7:24:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!