bustillomoreno

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
i am planing on making a 2 way sli gtx 680 rig
and all i hear is how awesome the quadro is, not spec wise but because of the programing.
i dont really want to have a workstation since i concider myself a gamer.
so the idea came to me... cant they just be hacked?? so that i choose when to use the gaming software or the work software??

if i cant talk about this because it is illegal or something like that i am sorry i was not aware of it, i am planning on purchasing the cards.

Solution
It is not illegal at all. Not sure if they are around any more but Omega used to make some tweaked drivers I like allot back in the day... These days the bog standard off nvidias site are just fine no need to get tweaked drivers. Quadro is really just the bios in these cards that allow them to be used by some software to accelerate some things they dont allow the gamming varients to do... Drives will not get you around this... You can flash the bios on some cards to make the quadros and vice versa but I would not do that and I would really not do that on a 680...

Thent
It is not illegal at all. Not sure if they are around any more but Omega used to make some tweaked drivers I like allot back in the day... These days the bog standard off nvidias site are just fine no need to get tweaked drivers. Quadro is really just the bios in these cards that allow them to be used by some software to accelerate some things they dont allow the gamming varients to do... Drives will not get you around this... You can flash the bios on some cards to make the quadros and vice versa but I would not do that and I would really not do that on a 680...

Thent

Solution
Thing is, making drivers is a pain. It requires a lot of testing, low level programming, and loads of development time. Plus you need to know all about the card, it's hardware and architecture, which is classified (by nvidia). I doubt anyone but a big company like nvidia could make them.

gmkos

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

I just shuddered a little at the thought of someone trying to flash a 680 with the current market shortage.