Sign in with
Your question

I JUST GOT A EVGA GTX 680! Some help comparing?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 4:38:41 AM

YES!! Just snagged a GTX 680 all thanks to "kelthic" from showing me TigerDirect is actually, IN STOCK!

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ 2GB GDDR5 w/Backplate is what I just bought overnight shipping. It was 580$ and I am wondering what EXACTLY makes the difference in EVGA GTX 680 non-SC/SC+ w/out Backplate, and what I just bought. Was it worth the extra 30$?

More about : evga gtx 680 comparing

April 19, 2012 4:52:46 AM

ttg_Avenged said:
YES!! Just snagged a GTX 680 all thanks to "kelthic" from showing me TigerDirect is actually, IN STOCK!

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ 2GB GDDR5 w/Backplate is what I just bought overnight shipping. It was 580$ and I am wondering what EXACTLY makes the difference in EVGA GTX 680 non-SC/SC+ w/out Backplate, and what I just bought. Was it worth the extra 30$?

With the SC you're buying a factory overclocked version of the card. The overclock is a modest amount (roughly 50mhz?) and it may or may not mean you're buying a more capable (in comparison to the regular 680 from EVGA) chip sample.

The back plate is really just to protect the soldered side of the GPU, it will also make your card sit a little stiffer in your PCI slot, not intended to affect thermodynamics or anything like that.

'Grats on the buy.
m
l
a c 91 Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 4:54:34 AM

A backplate is nice to have since it will help protect the backside of the card.You can pick up a backplate for $20 and put it on yourself but this way Evga puts it on for you. Evga tends to release several versions of a certian model and they are basicly just different factory overclocks. It's really for those who don't feel comfotable with overclocking yet do want the increase in clock speed to help with better performance.
m
l
April 19, 2012 5:00:19 AM

I just got the MSI version today, it´s really funny but I had to download the EVGA pressicion because the msi afterburner was showing me incorrect clock readings lol. Congratulñations
m
l
!