Belkin router kills upload capacity on ONE computer only

Furyguy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hi all,

I have a laptop and a PC, both connected to the same router, connected to a Time Warner Road Runner cable modem. The laptop works fine whether it is in wireless or wired mode. The PC does not have wireless. When the PC is connected to the router, it's download speed is OK but I have zero upload speed - which of course kills my ability to do almost any online or even LAN task, including browsing and file transferring over LAN.

When I plug directly into the modem, bypassing the Belkin, the PC connection works just fine. It only encounters errors when going through the router, but every other computer in the household works fine through the router (3 laptops, work great either wired or wireless using same cables and ports as the PC). The PC worked fine in my old apartment with a different router, but as soon as I got to this one, nothing.

Both comp's have WinXP Home Edition. The PC has a Realtek onboard NIC, called PCIe GBE Family NIC in Device Manager. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and using multiple driver versions, to no avail. The Ethernet cable is known working.

The router is a Belkin F5D9230-4 Wireless G Plus MIMO Router with fully updated firmware.

All my firewalls are turned off, including that of the router.

Everything is up to date, I have done full virus and malware scans, power cycled everything, and I just cannot solve this problem.

Huge thanks in advance to anyone who can help me figure this out.

Is there any feature on the router that limits outgoing traffic? The manual should explain this. Sometimes, certain sites are restricted by the person setting up the router. Check 'Access Restrictions' in the manual, and then make the necessary router setup changes.

altairabove

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

I have this exact same problem, and I thought I was going crazy. Let me break it down:

Computer A - Windows 7 (tried with and without a completely fresh install and no software)
Computer B - A Windows 7 laptop

Computer A -> Belkin Router -> Modem = No upload
Computer A -> Modem = OK upload
Computer B -> Belkin Router (same cable) -> Modem = OK upload

Did anyone solve this issue?

Thanks for your help!