GTX 590. Crysis 1 performs equally whether in Dual-GPU and Single-GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Caption says it all. I've had my GTX 590 for about a year now and decided to reinstall crysis - when I set the Multi-GPU mode from "Custom (Nvidia recommended)" to "Single-GPU" There was either no difference in frame rate, or the difference in frame rate was incredibly small.

You would think that Crysis, of all games, would have the best optimization with regards to SLI - Why is there so little change between multi-gpu and single-gpu in Crysis?

PS: I'm talking about Crysis 1 btw. Haven't played either Warhead or 2.

Solution
The v1.2.1 patch mostly fixes Multiplayer issues.
You should try it anyways.
An are you using the 301.10 drivers for your GTX590?
Tried a different one? Like the 296.10 or the 295.73?

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

So basically, an underclocked 580 vs two underclocked 580s...

What about the rest of your specs? I know with a beast of a card like the 590 you should be blowing Crysis away.

And +1 to what the user above said. Make sure Crysis is patched and also make sure your drivers are up to date.

G

Yeah exactly PCgamer. My game should blow crysis away, and in some ways it does, I mean I run it at minimum of 50fps, and an average of 60fps (with vsync on).

It just perplexes me that the game only senses one GPU.

And I think I only have it patched to 1.2. I'll lookinto the 1.2.1 patch and get back to you guys.

Thank you

EDIT: My drivers are most definitely up to date, I'm using the latest beta drivers.

G

Guys, update - I just ran the GPU benchmark for the game running with SLI and in Single-GPU mode.

(settings: resolution is 1680x1050, everything maxed out, 4xAA)

With SLI enabled:
Min FPS: 42
Max FPS: 93
Avg FPS: 79

Without SLI enabled:
Min FPS: 36
Max FPS: 50
Avg FPS: 45

Looks like the game actually does use sli.

/thread then I guess. Thank you all for your help, I guess I'll pick Gman450 as the top answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.