Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Suggestions regarding MB and VGA are needed...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 8:58:07 AM

Hey guys. Finally the age of ivy bridge is about to be here. I need some more suggestions from you experienced guys, regarding choices of mbs and vgas.

My setup would be i5 3570K, 1TB 7200RPM 32mb cache SATA II, 8GB RAM 1866MHz and Thermaltake 750W 80+Gold, 42" LG LW6500 3D HDTV. SSD is also on my list, but I am waiting for a deal.

The primary task of my computer is 3D gaming.

The choices that are left are regarding mbs and vgas. Mind you that even though I will not oc or SLI/CF right away, but I want to reserve those capabilities for the future, when my rig cannot keep up with future games. Also, I want to stick to air cooling, as water cooling is beyond my budget.

For mbs, as far as I have read, Z77 should be the right route to take. But which one? There are just so many different brands. What are the differences among mbs of the same Z77 chip set? Any specific recommendations?

For vga, it is basically the same question. I am also pondering between 7970 and 680. According to the news, 7970 is getting a price cut in the near future, and a few games will be bundled with it. Any idea when that will affect Singapore? There are just so many different choices for both 7970 and 680. Any major differences to differentiate them? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks a lot for your time. Looking forward to your replies.

More about : suggestions vga needed

Best solution

a c 175 U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 9:21:32 AM

I like Z77 ASUS or Gigabyte boards, they're very good.

Yes 7970 will see price drops, I have no Idea what will happen to your country prices though. But you should wait and eventually the price will go down too. And 680... I don't think you can find one, if you can, go grab one.
April 30, 2012 7:56:38 AM

Best answer selected by FrozenRiver.
m
l
!