clock format

When I enable a quick menu, the date format changes from just a time, to
date & time and doubles the width of the taskbar, how do I change the
format back??
2 answers Last reply
More about clock format

    Right-click the taskbar, and then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.
    Move your cursor over the edge of the taskbar until it becomes a
    double-headed arrow.
    Left click and drag down to the single height.
    Right-click the taskbar, and then click Lock the Taskbar.
    Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
    again.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23Rolqz7CFHA.444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Stu <Stu@spamtrapstu-martin.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When I enable a quick menu, the date format changes from just a time,
    > to date & time and doubles the width of the taskbar, how do I change
    > the format back??

    What are you calling a Quick Menu? Perhaps the Quick Launch, if so....

    This can happen by opening Accessibility Options, etc. If the icons on the
    Quick Launch bar are showing as being larger, it will result in the taskbar
    being twice its height and also include the date or similar under the clock.

    If this is the case, right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/
    Advanced. Under the Item drop box choose Caption Buttons and change the
    number by one, ok your way out, then rest to 25.

    And/or reset your default to the XP Theme. If need be, switch to Classic
    first, then back to XP Style.

    Other options to consider if the above doesn't help, nor moving the glider
    over toward the Start Button to list only three icons in the Quick Launch
    bar:

    Lock Size, Settings and Position of the Taskbar (Line 128)

    Restore the Taskbar to Default Functionality (Line 164)

    Happy Mardi Gras,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Stu" <Stu@spamtrapstu-martin.com> wrote in message
    > When I enable a quick menu, the date format changes from just a time, to
    > date & time and doubles the width of the taskbar, how do I change the
    > format back??

Configuration Microsoft Customization Format Windows XP