Stu

When I enable a quick menu, the date format changes from just a time, to
date & time and doubles the width of the taskbar, how do I change the
format back??

Right-click the taskbar, and then click to clear the Lock Taskbar option.
Move your cursor over the edge of the taskbar until it becomes a
double-headed arrow.
Left click and drag down to the single height.
Right-click the taskbar, and then click Lock the Taskbar.
Now it can't be moved or resized unless the Lock Taskbar option is cleared
again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23Rolqz7CFHA.444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Stu <Stu@spamtrapstu-martin.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I enable a quick menu, the date format changes from just a time,
> to date & time and doubles the width of the taskbar, how do I change
> the format back??

kelly

What are you calling a Quick Menu? Perhaps the Quick Launch, if so....

This can happen by opening Accessibility Options, etc. If the icons on the
Quick Launch bar are showing as being larger, it will result in the taskbar
being twice its height and also include the date or similar under the clock.

If this is the case, right click the Desktop/Properties/Appearance/
Advanced. Under the Item drop box choose Caption Buttons and change the
number by one, ok your way out, then rest to 25.

And/or reset your default to the XP Theme. If need be, switch to Classic
first, then back to XP Style.

Other options to consider if the above doesn't help, nor moving the glider
over toward the Start Button to list only three icons in the Quick Launch
bar:

Lock Size, Settings and Position of the Taskbar (Line 128)

Restore the Taskbar to Default Functionality (Line 164)

Happy Mardi Gras,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com