Sign in with
Your question
Solved

INNO3D 9500GT issue..PLEASE HELP!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 2:13:21 PM

Hello to all the community members here in Tom's.

I have an issue with my INNO3D 9500GT 1GB 128bit video card. Whenever I plug it in my computer and use it, Windows cannot continue to load up to the desktop display. After the Windows loading screen, it can't proceed to the log-on screen. A blue screen appears for a couple of seconds saying that a new hardware causes the problem then the PC restarts.

I'm still a newbie on this field but I am willing to learn how to troubleshoot such problems.

It would be very much appreciated if someone knowledgeable around here could help me out with my dilemma. Thanks!

More about : inno3d 9500gt issue

a b Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 2:42:13 PM

PC have enough power to run it? Have all the power plugs in?

Try the card in another PC to rule out a bad card.
m
l
April 19, 2012 2:46:12 PM

yes i believe my PC has enough power to run with. i'm still yet tot try it on another pc..
m
l
Related resources
April 19, 2012 2:46:41 PM

If it's a bad card, Is there any way it could still be repaired?
m
l
April 19, 2012 2:59:43 PM

You are asking questions and expecting answers without providing any info. You need to list full system specs, including what power supply you have in order for anyone to even have a chance at helping you out with your problem.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 19, 2012 3:40:57 PM

repair is not likely unless you can see the part that is broken.. Try in another computer then you will Know if its junk or not.

Thent
m
l
April 20, 2012 3:15:22 PM

Alright here is the full system specs of my PC:

MOBO: Biostar MCP6PB M2+
PROC: AMD Athlon X2 5000+
GPU: INNO3D 9500GT 1gb 128bit
RAM: 1 x 2gb
HDD: 80GB
PSU: 500watts generic power supply
OPTICAL DRIVE: 1 DVD-ROM

others:
2 x 80mm cpu fans
1 LAN card

Is it possible that my PSU is unable to supply enough power to the GPU?
m
l
April 20, 2012 3:29:02 PM

does it boot in safe mode?

could be a driver issue.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 20, 2012 3:52:22 PM

A cheap PSU would have issues yes. Which is why I asked about power to run it. Either try with a better power supply, or try in another PC with a good power supply.
m
l
April 20, 2012 4:10:48 PM

@cale_afterearth: YES it can boot in safe mode and it recognizes the vcard when I check it in Device Manager.

@hang-the-9: I am still to try a better power supply with the system, and try it on another PC as well. maybe I could post the result later. I still have to sleep. =)
m
l
April 21, 2012 3:02:10 PM

Hey guys I've tried to change the PSU with a better one and I also tried to use the video card on another computer with a better PSU but still the problem occured, blue screen appears after windows 7 loading screen.

I think the problem here is with the GPU itself. Isn't it?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 23, 2012 2:20:49 PM

shoyee said:
Hey guys I've tried to change the PSU with a better one and I also tried to use the video card on another computer with a better PSU but still the problem occured, blue screen appears after windows 7 loading screen.

I think the problem here is with the GPU itself. Isn't it?

Does seem that way. Good chance to swap out for a much better card :-)
m
l
April 23, 2012 2:51:48 PM

But it runs well on safe mode, could it be a driver problem?

I still don't want to give up on this since I don't have a budget to get a new card yet. hehe
m
l

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
April 23, 2012 3:01:16 PM

Safe mode does not use any features of the card, and you tried it with another PC, that should rule out any operating system or driver issues. I have seen many dead cards that work fine in Safe Mode, but crash soon as anything more advanced is used.

Any video card should be able to boot up the PC normally and allow you the chance to install the drivers from the vendor at least.
April 23, 2012 9:32:49 PM

Best answer selected by shoyee.
m
l
April 23, 2012 9:34:07 PM

Thanks mates for all the time and effort to helping me. I really need to change my card then.
m
l
!