Battlefield 2 Release Date

"Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news

> Please tell me this aint true!!

I don't think it's true (at the moment at least). I'm currently expect June
24th give or take a week.

Hey, another plusnet customer.

L.

Flashhart wrote
>It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
>Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
>(mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
>EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.

Phew...June it is :)

October indeed, what were they thinking??

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

> "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news
>
> > Please tell me this aint true!!
> >
> I don't think it's true (at the moment at least). I'm currently expect
June
> 24th give or take a week.
>
> Hey, another plusnet customer.
>
> L.

for my sins lol!!!

"Flashhart" <no@spam.no> wrote in message news:eek:psml1zeoll9ldtq@default...
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:30:04 -0000, Me, Myself <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > Please tell me this aint true!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid=1109093353/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5918798-2680452

> It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
> Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
> (mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
> EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.
>
> --
> Flashhart

Thank god for that!!, was having nightmares about depravation then lol!

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

> Please tell me this aint true!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid=1109093353/sr=1-1/re
f=sr_1_10_1/026-5918798-2680452

> I would rather wait till they get it right before they release
it......I don't want another "Vietnam" on my hands!!!

Coyote

Malcolm

Flashhart wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:30:04 -0000, Me, Myself <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
>> Please tell me this aint true!!
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid=1109093353/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5918798-2680452
>>

> It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
> Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
> (mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
> EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.

oooh a demo, :)
April would be nice for a demo.

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> malcolm wrote
> >oooh a demo, :)
> >April would be nice for a demo.
>
> March would be even better. :)
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

Tomorrow would be perfect!!

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>Tomorrow would be perfect!!

What is wrong with today? ;-)
--
Andrew, AKA DeadDred

<DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>
> What is wrong with today? ;-)
> --
> Andrew, AKA DeadDred
> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

Posts already been, am waiting for mine from play.com.. so, tomorrow morning
in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'

Malcolm

Me, Myself wrote:
> <DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>>
>>What is wrong with today? ;-)
>>--
>>Andrew, AKA DeadDred
>>Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
>>please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
>>Check groups.google.com before asking a question.
>

> Posts already been, am waiting for mine from play.com.. so, tomorrow morning
> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'

if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
you would actualy go to work............
tut tut ;)

malcolm wrote
>Me, Myself wrote:
>> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
>> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'
>if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
>you would actualy go to work............
>tut tut ;)

Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
release dates of popular PC games ;)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

> malcolm wrote
> >Me, Myself wrote:
> >> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
> >> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'
> >if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
> >you would actualy go to work............
> >tut tut ;)
>
> Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
> Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
> release dates of popular PC games ;)
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

ermmm, yes on both counts, and thanks for the suggestion, gamers flu, has
gone in my diary

DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>

>>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>

> What is wrong with today? ;-)

What's wrong with a week ago? Oh yeah, then I would have missed playing
it for a week, that wouldn't be good...

"ThE_AnArKrIsT" <ThE_AnArKrIsT@worldcom.net> wrote in message
> DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
> >

> > What is wrong with today? ;-)
>
> What's wrong with a week ago? Oh yeah, then I would have missed playing
> it for a week, that wouldn't be good...

that would be worse than the end of the earth!!! argghhh, a whole weeks
gaming gone for no reason!!, someone pass me my hari kiri blade!

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
>Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
>release dates of popular PC games ;)

A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs. He
commented on it as "pre-alpha" and "neither graphics nor gameplay was
all that thrilling".

<SIGH> Sometimes I hate being right. ;^)

JK'05 aka Elkrider

Jan Kannemacher wrote
>A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
>Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
>nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs.

So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...

Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
>that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...

Apparently so, yes. I can't think of another reason why they would do
something like that if not trying to prevent the spreading of
screenshots or even movies showing the real thing instead of the
carefully created material for public release.

>Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.

I was asked to come along but since this show took place about 170 miles
away from my place I declined, having an idea that nothing worth the
time and money would happen. ;^)

JK'05 aka Elkrider

"Jan Kannemacher" <varros@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>
>>So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
>>that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...
>
> Apparently so, yes. I can't think of another reason why they would do
> something like that if not trying to prevent the spreading of
> screenshots or even movies showing the real thing instead of the
> carefully created material for public release.
>
>>Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.
>
> I was asked to come along but since this show took place about 170 miles
> away from my place I declined, having an idea that nothing worth the
> time and money would happen. ;^)

Just talked to a buddy of mine who works for DICE Canada, he told me there
were no shows in the last several weeks for BF2,

IOW,

I CALL BULLSHIT.

(P.S. He called several contacts at DICE and EA to verify)

> A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was
> demonstrated.

Some kind of show? Would you care to share with us some of the
details of this show? Right now the words that you have chosen don't
do much to make your post seem very credible...
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

In article <p83k21h9nk7k4clopbbpapa6a967sbslg9@4ax.com>, varros@gmx.de says...
> A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
> Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
> nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs. He
> commented on it as "pre-alpha" and "neither graphics nor gameplay was
> all that thrilling".

having a feeling this game could be a major dissapointment.(to much hype)

--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!

"CounterStrikeJunkie" <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote:

>Just talked to a buddy of mine who works for DICE Canada, he told me there
>were no shows in the last several weeks for BF2,

I'm in Germany, doofus.

>IOW,
>
>I CALL BULLSHIT.

To BF2? It might be appropriate.

>(P.S. He called several contacts at DICE and EA to verify)

So? I still have no reason to doubt this certain report. But your fanboy
behaviour doesn't look good.

JK'05 aka Elkrider

flyace> In article <pQsgDQCILILCFwPS@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1]
flyace> says...

flyace> Unfortunately some prefer WWII shooters,nothing wrong with
flyace> that now is it? BTW wonder how manny patches this baby will
flyace> gonna need before it will kinda work.hihi

I'm hoping there will be a WWII patch!

--
Michael Bain