Battlefield 2 Release Date

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 9:13:55 PM

"Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news

> Please tell me this aint true!!

I don't think it's true (at the moment at least). I'm currently expect June
24th give or take a week.

Hey, another plusnet customer.

L.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:06:01 PM

Flashhart wrote
>It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
>Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
>(mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
>EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.

Phew...June it is :)

October indeed, what were they thinking??

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod> wrote in message

> "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news
>
> > Please tell me this aint true!!
> >
> I don't think it's true (at the moment at least). I'm currently expect
June
> 24th give or take a week.
>
> Hey, another plusnet customer.
>
> L.

for my sins lol!!!
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:07:52 PM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:30:04 -0000, Me, Myself <no@thanks.com> wrote:

> Please tell me this aint true!!
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid...

It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
(mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.

--
Flashhart
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:07:53 PM

"Flashhart" <no@spam.no> wrote in message news:o psml1zeoll9ldtq@default...
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:30:04 -0000, Me, Myself <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > Please tell me this aint true!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid...

> It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
> Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
> (mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
> EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.
>
> --
> Flashhart

Thank god for that!!, was having nightmares about depravation then lol!
February 26, 2005 2:07:17 AM

> Please tell me this aint true!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid...
f=sr_1_10_1/026-5918798-2680452

> I would rather wait till they get it right before they release
it......I don't want another "Vietnam" on my hands!!!

Coyote
March 4, 2005 6:42:54 AM

Flashhart wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:30:04 -0000, Me, Myself <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
>> Please tell me this aint true!!
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006VSLEU/qid...
>>

> It's not. The relase date is not set yet, but it will be in June. Jenny
> Huldschiner from Dice posted a message on bf2.se about this yesterday
> (mentioned on www.totalbf2.com as well).
> EA has also confirmed the release of a demo. No date yet on that either.

oooh a demo, :)
April would be nice for a demo.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:33:35 PM

malcolm wrote
>oooh a demo, :)
>April would be nice for a demo.

March would be even better. :)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> malcolm wrote
> >oooh a demo, :)
> >April would be nice for a demo.
>
> March would be even better. :)
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

Tomorrow would be perfect!!
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 10:41:37 PM

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>Tomorrow would be perfect!!

What is wrong with today? ;-)
--
Andrew, AKA DeadDred
March 5, 2005 12:00:51 AM

<DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>
> What is wrong with today? ;-)
> --
> Andrew, AKA DeadDred
> please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
> Check groups.google.com before asking a question.

Posts already been, am waiting for mine from play.com.. so, tomorrow morning
in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'
March 5, 2005 3:32:40 PM

Me, Myself wrote:
> <DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>>
>>What is wrong with today? ;-)
>>--
>>Andrew, AKA DeadDred
>>Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
>>please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevant text.
>>Check groups.google.com before asking a question.
>

> Posts already been, am waiting for mine from play.com.. so, tomorrow morning
> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'

if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
you would actualy go to work............
tut tut ;)
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:15:10 PM

malcolm wrote
>Me, Myself wrote:
>> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
>> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'
>if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
>you would actualy go to work............
>tut tut ;)

Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
release dates of popular PC games ;)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

> malcolm wrote
> >Me, Myself wrote:
> >> in the post, just before i go to work would be excellent, BUT couriered
> >> tonight would be excellent, think i am asking a bit much there tho'
> >if it arrived just before you had were going to work,
> >you would actualy go to work............
> >tut tut ;)
>
> Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
> Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
> release dates of popular PC games ;)
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.villyvonka.co.uk

ermmm, yes on both counts, and thanks for the suggestion, gamers flu, has
gone in my diary
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 7:00:28 PM

DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>

>>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
>

> What is wrong with today? ;-)

What's wrong with a week ago? Oh yeah, then I would have missed playing
it for a week, that wouldn't be good...
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 8:58:25 PM

"ThE_AnArKrIsT" <ThE_AnArKrIsT@worldcom.net> wrote in message
> DeadDred@nocannedmeatrations.agbf1942.com wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:36:49 -0000, "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Tomorrow would be perfect!!
> >

> > What is wrong with today? ;-)
>
> What's wrong with a week ago? Oh yeah, then I would have missed playing
> it for a week, that wouldn't be good...

that would be worse than the end of the earth!!! argghhh, a whole weeks
gaming gone for no reason!!, someone pass me my hari kiri blade!
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 11:53:25 PM

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>Or get suddenly and unexpectedly bedridden by a new strain of flu.
>Otherwise known as "Gamers' flu" it is especially prevalent around the
>release dates of popular PC games ;)

A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs. He
commented on it as "pre-alpha" and "neither graphics nor gameplay was
all that thrilling".

<SIGH> Sometimes I hate being right. ;^)

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 5:09:06 AM

Jan Kannemacher wrote
>A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
>Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
>nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs.

So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...

Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
>that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...

Apparently so, yes. I can't think of another reason why they would do
something like that if not trying to prevent the spreading of
screenshots or even movies showing the real thing instead of the
carefully created material for public release.

>Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.

I was asked to come along but since this show took place about 170 miles
away from my place I declined, having an idea that nothing worth the
time and money would happen. ;^)

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:06:10 AM

"Jan Kannemacher" <varros@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:
>
>>So they host an event to show the game off, yet are so ashamed of it
>>that they don't want anyone to know? Hmmm...
>
> Apparently so, yes. I can't think of another reason why they would do
> something like that if not trying to prevent the spreading of
> screenshots or even movies showing the real thing instead of the
> carefully created material for public release.
>
>>Remind me to bring a plastic digital camera to the next event.
>
> I was asked to come along but since this show took place about 170 miles
> away from my place I declined, having an idea that nothing worth the
> time and money would happen. ;^)

Just talked to a buddy of mine who works for DICE Canada, he told me there
were no shows in the last several weeks for BF2,

IOW,

I CALL BULLSHIT.

(P.S. He called several contacts at DICE and EA to verify)
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 3:23:17 PM

"Jan Kannemacher" <varros@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:p 83k21h9nk7k4clopbbpapa6a967sbslg9@4ax.com...
> A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was
> demonstrated.

Some kind of show? Would you care to share with us some of the
details of this show? Right now the words that you have chosen don't
do much to make your post seem very credible...
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CingularDuality

In article <p83k21h9nk7k4clopbbpapa6a967sbslg9@4ax.com>, varros@gmx.de says...
> A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
> Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
> nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs. He
> commented on it as "pre-alpha" and "neither graphics nor gameplay was
> all that thrilling".

having a feeling this game could be a major dissapointment.(to much hype)

--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!

"CounterStrikeJunkie" <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote:

>Just talked to a buddy of mine who works for DICE Canada, he told me there
>were no shows in the last several weeks for BF2,

I'm in Germany, doofus.

>IOW,
>
>I CALL BULLSHIT.

To BF2? It might be appropriate.

>(P.S. He called several contacts at DICE and EA to verify)

So? I still have no reason to doubt this certain report. But your fanboy
behaviour doesn't look good.

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:34:19 PM

flyace> In article <pQsgDQCILILCFwPS@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1]
flyace> says...

flyace> Unfortunately some prefer WWII shooters,nothing wrong with
flyace> that now is it? BTW wonder how manny patches this baby will
flyace> gonna need before it will kinda work.hihi

I'm hoping there will be a WWII patch!

--
Michael Bain
Anonymous

"Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:

>If it is the BFCON05 he is talking about, then I pity him for not going!! I
>watched it last night!!, amazing, the game looks brilliant

My pal went there, I didn't. You don't need to pity me for it, though. I
had a nice weekend, thanks all the same. ;^> I watched the video now and
still see no reason for out-of-bounds excitement. After all, if I read
the BIOS screen during the reboot right they were running it on a Nvidia
6800 LE, that's quite a step from being the default these days. Frankly,
I don't see the brilliant stuff you are talking about...the live demo
didn't exactly blow me away. It looked like a slightly beefed-up Desert
Combat.

>Although its the 657 meg download, its well worth the watch, and its only
>the VERY start and end that are in german, the rest of it is in english!

I've seen movies worthier of the download time. ;^>

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:35:20 PM

flyace wrote
>varros says...
>> A pal of mine was at some kind of show today where BF2 was demonstrated.
>> Security people with metal detectors scanned all visitors to make sure
>> nobody smuggled out visual proof of how much work it still needs. He
>> commented on it as "pre-alpha" and "neither graphics nor gameplay was
>> all that thrilling".
>
>having a feeling this game could be a major dissapointment.(to much hype)

Unfortunately it seems that some are actually hoping that the game is a
failure. That's a pity.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:20:09 +0100, Jan Kannemacher <varros@gmx.de> wrote:

> "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
>> If it is the BFCON05 he is talking about, then I pity him for not
>> going!! I
>> watched it last night!!, amazing, the game looks brilliant
>
> My pal went there, I didn't. You don't need to pity me for it, though. I
> had a nice weekend, thanks all the same. ;^> I watched the video now and
> still see no reason for out-of-bounds excitement. After all, if I read
> the BIOS screen during the reboot right they were running it on a Nvidia
> 6800 LE, that's quite a step from being the default these days. Frankly,
> I don't see the brilliant stuff you are talking about...the live demo
> didn't exactly blow me away. It looked like a slightly beefed-up Desert
> Combat.

I liked the live demo. I think it will be the a great game for those with
the hardware to run it. I like how everything in the game looks heavy and
I like the new scoring system. If they manage manage to balace it right, I
can't put my finger on anything I realy dislike.

>> Although its the 657 meg download, its well worth the watch, and its
>> only
>> the VERY start and end that are in german, the rest of it is in english!
>
> I've seen movies worthier of the download time. ;^>

So you don't think it's Oscar material then? ;-)

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

In article <pQsgDQCILILCFwPS@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1] says...

> Unfortunately it seems that some are actually hoping that the game is a
> failure. That's a pity.

Unfortunately some prefer WWII shooters,nothing wrong with that now is it?
BTW wonder how manny patches this baby will gonna need before it will kinda
work.hihi
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:03:03 PM

"Jan Kannemacher" <varros@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:p rlo21ha97le2eora7elc5nn40rlqi2b2o@4ax.com...
> "Me, Myself" <no@thanks.com> wrote:
>
> >If it is the BFCON05 he is talking about, then I pity him for not going!!
> >watched it last night!!, amazing, the game looks brilliant
>
> My pal went there, I didn't. You don't need to pity me for it, though. I
> had a nice weekend, thanks all the same. ;^> I watched the video now and
> still see no reason for out-of-bounds excitement. After all, if I read
> the BIOS screen during the reboot right they were running it on a Nvidia
> 6800 LE, that's quite a step from being the default these days. Frankly,
> I don't see the brilliant stuff you are talking about...the live demo
> didn't exactly blow me away. It looked like a slightly beefed-up Desert
> Combat.
>
> >Although its the 657 meg download, its well worth the watch, and its only
> >the VERY start and end that are in german, the rest of it is in english!
>
> I've seen movies worthier of the download time. ;^>
>

> JK'05 aka Elkrider

Well I knew you werent bothered, so it was more posted toward people that
ARE looking forward to the game to be honest, new scoring system, teamwork
being pushed a bit more, i think its going to be brilliant, and I also think
that there are MANY others who think the same, as for the sys specs, dont
bother me none, i think 1024 of crucial DDR and a Radeon X800 pro can just
about handle it!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:25:54 PM

flyace wrote
>Villy says...
>> Unfortunately it seems that some are actually hoping that the game is a
>> failure. That's a pity.
>
>Unfortunately some prefer WWII shooters,nothing wrong with that now is it?

Nothing at all, however the WW2 shooter I played until recently is
almost 3 years old and infested with cheaters. I'm looking forward to
something new. It just seems a little bit childish to want a game to be
a flop just because it doesn't appeal to you personally.

>BTW wonder how manny patches this baby will gonna need before it will kinda
>work.hihi

Pointless speculating, at this stage nobody knows.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Jan Kannemacher wrote
>Villy Vonka wrote:
>
>>It just seems a little bit childish to want a game to be
>>a flop just because it doesn't appeal to you personally.
>
>You're not talking about me, are you?

Heh, no.

>I'm still waiting for a new game
>to play since BG on BF42 doesn't cut it anymore.

Same here to be honest, I'm hoping for some decent WW2 themed mods using
the new engine. Until the demo is out I'm playing HL2 again, and the
(excellent BTW) SWAT4 demo.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Jan Kannemacher" <varros@gmx.de>

> >i think its going to be brilliant, and I also think
> >that there are MANY others who think the same,
>
> I know there are, I can read. I'm just saying that you're hanging your
> hopes very high, and from there it's a long drop and a sudden stop.

Again, as someone else pointed out, you seem to be hoping that its going to
be rubbish, if so, why comment on it

> >as for the sys specs, dont
> >bother me none, i think 1024 of crucial DDR and a Radeon X800 pro can
just
> >about handle it!
>
> Just in case you haven't noticed...you're not alone on the world.
>

> JK'05 aka Elkrider

Didnt say I was, the X800 and cards like it are quite popular these days,
your the one that said that 6800's were not the default these days... I was
just trying to say otherwise, i have two mates who have the 6800, another
with the X800XT, the cards are quite well used now.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:06:58 PM

In article <lOIPr0DCrKLCFwuq@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1] says...
> Nothing at all, however the WW2 shooter I played until recently is
> almost 3 years old and infested with cheaters.

Hmm... i dont feel there are that much cheaters anymore playing BF.
Me thinks they went to other games.
When a game tends to get kinda old,only die hard fans remain playing it i
think.

> I'm looking forward to
> something new. It just seems a little bit childish to want a game to be
> a flop just because it doesn't appeal to you personally.

Please give me a message ID were i was stating "i hope this game will be a
flop"
Read what is on the monitor will ya.

> >BTW wonder how manny patches this baby will gonna need before it will kinda
> >work.hihi
>
> Pointless speculating, at this stage nobody knows.

Speculating is the only thing peeps *can* do right now.
And they keep on speculating till they have it installed and ready to go.

--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:23:40 PM

In article <0gbp21hdit8eeijk8mrmqvf79o0fhikuak@4ax.com>, varros@gmx.de says...
> >i think its going to be brilliant, and I also think
> >that there are MANY others who think the same,
>
> I know there are, I can read. I'm just saying that you're hanging your
> hopes very high, and from there it's a long drop and a sudden stop.

My thoughts exactly.
The more people have to wait after the next releasedate delay.
The more i think people *could* be dissapointed when they actually see the real
deal.
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:38:18 PM

Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

>It just seems a little bit childish to want a game to be
>a flop just because it doesn't appeal to you personally.

You're not talking about me, are you? I'm still waiting for a new game
to play since BG on BF42 doesn't cut it anymore.

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:00:51 AM

Flashhart <no@spam.no> wrote:

>So you don't think it's Oscar material then? ;-)

Oscar-nominated or -decorated movies are not necessarily good. Like a
certain one which won eleven of the things and is so bloody awful that
mere words can't describe it.

JK'05 aka Elkrider
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:26:00 AM

flyace wrote
>Villy says...
>> Nothing at all, however the WW2 shooter I played until recently is
>> almost 3 years old and infested with cheaters.
>
>Hmm... i dont feel there are that much cheaters anymore playing BF.
>Me thinks they went to other games.
>When a game tends to get kinda old,only die hard fans remain playing it i
>think.

To be honest, I think the situation is only going to get worse in BF1942
as far as cheating goes. Everyone knows that hacks are widely available
and Punkbuster is next to useless. At least with BF2 we'll get 6 months
or so of decent gaming before the cheaters move in.

>> I'm looking forward to
>> something new. It just seems a little bit childish to want a game to be
>> a flop just because it doesn't appeal to you personally.
>
>Please give me a message ID were i was stating "i hope this game will be a
>flop"
>Read what is on the monitor will ya.

No but reading through the lines you've implied it quite often recently.

>> Pointless speculating, at this stage nobody knows.
>
>Speculating is the only thing peeps *can* do right now.
>And they keep on speculating till they have it installed and ready to go.

Don't see the point really, the demo will be with us soon enough, but
you speculate away.

To be honest I think you've already made your mind up that you're not
going to like the game. A shame, but there ya go.

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

In article <dgQ1CSGobMLCFwLj@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1] says...

> To be honest, I think the situation is only going to get worse in BF1942
> as far as cheating goes. Everyone knows that hacks are widely available
> and Punkbuster is next to useless. At least with BF2 we'll get 6 months
> or so of decent gaming before the cheaters move in.

Villy i still play vanilla every damn day,and i really keep em wide open
because i detest cheaters.
And i must admit its long time ago i saw strange things.
Like i said before ,i really think those kiddies went to other newer games to
infest.

> >Please give me a message ID were i was stating "i hope this game will be a
> >flop"
> >Read what is on the monitor will ya.
>
> No but reading through the lines you've implied it quite often recently.

You are dead wrong.
Never said i was hoping for a flop,was saying chances would be high me not
liking the game because of faster pace and those overpowered planes/choppers.
Think its a kinda understandable statement coming from a vanilla tanker whore
no?
Something completly different like "hoping for a flop"

> >Speculating is the only thing peeps *can* do right now.
> >And they keep on speculating till they have it installed and ready to go.
>
> Don't see the point really, the demo will be with us soon enough, but
> you speculate away.

How much patches did whe need for BF?
And every time those new patches created other bugs that needed another patch.
Forgot that allready?
So why thinking it all would be different now?
Realy hope it would be different but i feel it wont.

> To be honest I think you've already made your mind up that you're not
> going to like the game. A shame, but there ya go.

Will see that after i installed the demo and tested in SP.
If i cannot manage to bring those planes/choppers down quickly its a no go
HAHAHAHAHA..............

--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:29:52 AM

flyace wrote
>You are dead wrong.
>Never said i was hoping for a flop,was saying chances would be high me not
>liking the game because of faster pace and those overpowered planes/choppers.
>Think its a kinda understandable statement coming from a vanilla tanker whore
>no?
>Something completly different like "hoping for a flop"

Fair enough mate I didn't want to start an argument, just getting a bit
tired of the negativity, me and lots of others are really looking
forward to the game, especially after watching the latest video.

Cheers
:)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

Flashhart wrote
>Jan Kannemacher wrote:
>> Oscar-nominated or -decorated movies are not necessarily good. Like a
>> certain one which won eleven of the things and is so bloody awful that
>> mere words can't describe it.
>
>If you are talking about the one where the boat sank, I didn't see it
>and I don't think I will.

It sinks?

Awwww now you've spoiled it for me ;)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:00:51 +0100, Jan Kannemacher <varros@gmx.de> wrote:

> Flashhart <no@spam.no> wrote:
>
>> So you don't think it's Oscar material then? ;-)
>
> Oscar-nominated or -decorated movies are not necessarily good. Like a
> certain one which won eleven of the things and is so bloody awful that
> mere words can't describe it.
>

> JK'05 aka Elkrider

If you are talking about the one where the boat sank, I didn't see it and
I don't think I will.

--
Flashhart
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:25:26 AM

In article <opsnagd5iyl9ldtq@default>, no@spam.no says...
> If you are talking about the one where the boat sank, I didn't see it and
> I don't think I will.

LOTR? :)
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:30:26 AM

In article <sclfiOIgXNLCFwfB@srobertson.net>, Villy@[127.0.0.1] says...
> Fair enough mate I didn't want to start an argument, just getting a bit
> tired of the negativity, me and lots of others are really looking
> forward to the game, especially after watching the latest video.
>
> Cheers

Negativity?
Dont think whe have much of that regarding BF2 :-o
Djeez ,like i said on the forum some time ago,it feels like when somebody
starts talking about BF2 some peeps ejaculate spontaneous,at least thats how i
feel when i read all those praise & glory articles.

Is that video kinda neat?
Maybe i have 2 leech it myself.
Dont worry i will not wet my undies while viewing it. LOL
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:57:25 AM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 20:59:24 +0100, Jan Kannemacher <varros@gmx.de> wrote:

> Instead this assistant producer guy was droning about
> stuff that's secondary at best. I missed some hard facts.
>
> JK'05 aka Elkrider

I missed that to. I know from interviews that they are trying to make
every role in the game more useful. Take the no. 2 pos. in tanks for
example. They have now given the machinegunner full cover from behind, the
abillity to crouch in the hatch and the MG will not rotate with turret.
Changes like that make the gameplay better in my opinion. Useless
equipment, vehicle possitions and kits are my biggest isue with BFV (ver.
1.21). I hope they get the demo out soon so I can see for my self.

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:44:33 +0000, Villy Vonka <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

> Flashhart wrote
>> Jan Kannemacher wrote:
>>> Oscar-nominated or -decorated movies are not necessarily good. Like a
>>> certain one which won eleven of the things and is so bloody awful that
>>> mere words can't describe it.
>>
>> If you are talking about the one where the boat sank, I didn't see it
>> and I don't think I will.
>
> It sinks?
>
> Awwww now you've spoiled it for me ;)

Send me the money for the ticket and we'll call it even. :-)

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:25:26 GMT, flyace <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote:

> In article <opsnagd5iyl9ldtq@default>, no@spam.no says...
>> If you are talking about the one where the boat sank, I didn't see it
>> and
>> I don't think I will.
>
> LOTR? :)

Titanic.

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

In article <opsnaj6uo1l9ldtq@default>, no@spam.no says...
> Titanic.

What about it?
Did it sink?.... naah impossible :)
--
Best regards, flyace
Thou infectious beetle-headed death-token!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:49:55 AM

flyace wrote
>Negativity?

Yep

>Dont think whe have much of that regarding BF2 :-o
>Djeez ,like i said on the forum some time ago,it feels like when somebody
>starts talking about BF2 some peeps ejaculate spontaneous,at least thats how i
>feel when i read all those praise & glory articles.

Any chance of a bit of optimism? BF1942 wasn't too bad despite about 10
patches and millions of hackers, what makes you think BF2 will be a
disaster? I'm in agreement with you on a lot of counts, if the flyboys
dominate I'll drop it like a hot potato but I'm willing to give it a
chance. The heatseeking anti-aircraft weapon sounds promising, I'm
looking forward to dropping the flyboys out of the sky with it.

>Is that video kinda neat?
>Maybe i have 2 leech it myself.

You should download it and judge for yourself. I was well impressed and
am looking forward to getting my hands on the demo :)

>Dont worry i will not wet my undies while viewing it. LOL

Good job, wouldn't want you having wet undies, I still remember your
first experience with the Tiger Tank and we're still finding sticky bits
on the server ;)

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK