Becoming a Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is mainly aimed at the moderators, and higher up I guess, but feel free to chime in anyone who has some input.

I Asked the question a while ago and by that I mean over a year ago at least, but now I'm curious again.

How do people get selected to be Moderators.

I received a pretty full reply from another member who stated that you basically needed to be suggested or sponsored by another moderator and then had to do some time as a community reporter first then work up to being a full Moderator.

Is this still true?

I'm seeing people I know and have seen around these forums for ages suddenly turn up as Mods but have never seen them be Community reporters ? Likewise I have seen community reporters that seem to stay as such for ever.

Is there an actual rule to this or is it a, if your face fits and you know the right people kind of thing ?

Mactronix :)

If there is a need for community reporters and/or moderators, we start off by recommending members who have demonstrated traits that we would want in a moderator. It doesn't necessarily need to be member-->community reporter-->moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.