Compatible graphics card

lonewolf_645

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Hi,
I'm looking for a video card for my HP Media Center PC, m7650n. It has integrated graphics, I was looking at the EVGA Geforce 210 1GB. It is a PCI Express 2.0, it has a minimum power supply requirement of 300W and that is what I have, HP does give you much power, that's for sure. Can I run this card on my system with PCI Express X16 slot? Also do I have to go into Device Manger and disable the onboard graphics? If it is backwards compatible, how much performance would I lose? Thanks...

you can get a amd 7750 it does not require any additional power connectors.
when you plug the card in the bios should automatically switch from integrated graphics to pcie graphics. if you connect the monitor to the card video output and you are not getting any signal plug your monitor to the integrated graphics video port, boot to bios by pressing del key and set the main video adapter from integrated to pcie and then plug the monitor to the dedicated video card

I believe that if you have the power supply to run the card and a full x16 slot you should have no trouble running the 210 GeForce card in your computer. Once you put the card in the slot it should automaticly take over the graphics and diable the intergrated chip. If it doesn't for some reason you may have to make the change manualy in the motherboards bios. As far as "backwards compatable" the term means that what you have for new will be usable with what you have that is old. In this case both the computer and the video card are old tech so you should see a nice performance increase with the video card.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts