Nvidia: "It's coming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunSurfer

Distinguished

Yes, it also appeared in Nvidia's Geforce Facebook account, so it likely to be a new card.

I gotta admit though - NVIDIA has excellent marketing. You're probably right though - most likely the midrange lineup of the 6xx series.

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011

i have seen a few post on TH about the boost causing a game slowdown for short time. mainly on rts or turn based when you move the camera across the map.

also here is a possible rumor confirming it to be a 690
http://www.techpowerup.com/164488/NVIDIA-to-Launch-GeForce-GTX-690-Before-May-5.html

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
yeah that be pretty sweet make there extreme high end a single chip. if gk110 is really as powerful as people are claiming, that one chip should be able to hold its water against the 7990 and be cheaper and more efficient. if they did that nvidia would completely steal the show from amd

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

I would just rather they make it a certain speed, and let me overclock it with my handy MSI Afterburner. I don't like the whole turbo thing....it reminds me of Spinal Tap, "....these go to 11". I would rather have them set it at a convservative speed, that all units could handle easily....then let me roll the dice and hope I get a good one, and overclock the crap out of it and let ME decide how much risk I want to take with killing it. Besides, even overclocked, its still not using all of its potential unless called upon to do so by the game. So I just don't get it I guess. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works. But meh, really I just like playing with the settings and modding it after I buy it. Like putting a new exhaust on your car. Doesn't do much but sure is fun to do :).

Status
Not open for further replies.