Sign in with
Your question

Why EVGA other than Msi, Gigabyte, Asus, Galaxy or w/e?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 19, 2012 7:36:29 PM

I am trying to buy a GTX 680 which will cost me an arm and a leg.

I don't understand why people prefer EVGA over other brands. They are the same specs. Are they different in quality? Or is there something I missed? :o 
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 7:47:13 PM

People like EVGA because of their stellar customer support and warranty. That's really it. Now that the lifetime warranty is gone though, it doesn't matter as much.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 7:49:33 PM

because of their outstanding warranty service

though think they have changed the terms of their warranty a little while ago

so you have different warranties for different card versions now--so need to make sure and check now what

card actually has what warranty

edit--i need to learn to type faster
m
l
Related resources
a c 255 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 19, 2012 8:55:27 PM

striker410 said:
People like EVGA because of their stellar customer support and warranty. That's really it. Now that the lifetime warranty is gone though, it doesn't matter as much.

The lifetime warranty is not gone. Only cards with certain suffixes are lifetime warranty cards. What EVGA did was actually increase the "normal" warranty from 1 year to 3 years.

http://techgage.com/news/evga_revamps_its_lifetime_warr...

The EVGA warranty covers overclocking, overvolting and even cooling mods and as far as I know is the only company to cover those things. They also offer the 90 day step up program where if you buy a newer card in the 90 day window they will give you the full retail price of your old card as a credit to the new one.

I have been buying EVGA cards since the 6600GT and have never had a problem with any of them.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2012 9:03:49 PM

It seems all the new Evga GTX 680's have a 3 year limited warranty. Any part number ending in AR means a limited life time warranty, their GTX 580 and GTX 570 both still carry the life time warranty also a few of their motherboards.
m
l
!