Need Help ASAP got problem with PSU SilverPower SP-B700

ferisdope

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys, i need help and detail info,,,

last weeks i just buy new computer gaming, but have low PSU (its only 450watt)..
so i order new power supply 700watt from online store

and this brand of my new PSU its Silver Power SP-B700
http://www.onyougo.com/silver-power-sp-b700-power-supply-units_pi1636591

yesterday i bring my CPU and my new PSU Silver Power SP-B700 to IT store near from my home to help change my original psu from my old case, to new PSU Silver Power SP-B700.. (beside i dont understand about hardware, so i need help some pro to change psu to my case)

and this noon i just got phone from IT store, they said my new power supply(PSU Silver Power SP-B700) can not be used on my cpu..!!

and they said i wrong order/wrong buy/wrong series,,blabla i dont understand what he talking about different port,cable,etc..

can anyone explain my problem here, im so frustration about this,,coz before i order PSU Silver Power SP-B700, they said can be used for any kind computer..

this my computer specs:
MB ASUS P8H61-M LX http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131859&name=Intel-Motherboards
Processor intel core i5 2320
Corsair 8GB 16000
Ati radeon HD6870
HDD 500GB
Asus DVDRW

did real my specs cant used PSU Silver Power SP-B700??

tyvm,,i need help for my problem

Your motherboard requires a 4pin and a 24pin connectors.
The SilverPower SP-B700 (according to its spec sheet, found on this page) has a 4+4pin connector; it is an 8pin connector which can be split in two, so that it is compatible with motherboards which have a 4pin plug.
If a PSU doesn't have a 24pin connector then it shouldn't be called a PSU; the SP-B700 does in fact have one.

The ATI Radeon HD6870 requires two 6pin PCIe connectors. The SP-B700 has a 6pin and a 6+2pin connector. The +2 is a detachable 2pin section which makes it compatible with 8pin PCIe plugs, when it is detached it is an ordinary 6pin connector.

Your HDD and DVDRW require SATA connectors, the SP-B700 has six.

So it is definitely compatible with your components.
It sounds like to me that the person who is trying to install it for you at the IT Store doesn't know the things which I described above.

ferisdope

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

I live in the village, in my city there is only one computer store, I might take it out of town, looking for other computer stores

thanks for the explanation, now I am sure there are no problems with the power supply, because I will be difficult if returning to the store that I bought online.

correct sir, I bought a power supply to research first, that should buy the already minimal 80Plus Bronze