Sign in with
Your question

My ISP called me like 5 times this week - should I be worried?

Last response: in Systems
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2012 6:52:30 PM

I'm using Time Warner and I haven't done anything wrong or illegal but I'm under the suspicion that they're throttling my access (there are several computers hooked up to the network) and they've been calling my house several times lately. What should I do if they call back?
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2012 6:59:30 PM

Answer the phone? LOL. They don't have the authority to arrest you, use your recorded telephone call in court (specifically tell them when you answer that you do not consent to being recorded).. find out what they want.
a c 93 B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2012 7:04:43 PM

nekulturny said:
Answer the phone? LOL. They don't have the authority to arrest you, use your recorded telephone call in court (specifically tell them when you answer that you do not consent to being recorded).. find out what they want.

It could be nothing - they could just be trying to sell me some crap I don't need but I have an unlimited data plan and I wonder why I've had so much trouble with my connection lately.
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2012 7:10:56 PM

well theres no way to know until you actually answer the phone lol.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 15, 2012 7:19:15 PM

g-unit1111 said:
It could be nothing - they could just be trying to sell me some crap I don't need but I have an unlimited data plan and I wonder why I've had so much trouble with my connection lately.

Well, I wouldn't put it past any ISP to throttle if they believe you're using more data than they think profitable. Unlimited usually means full speed until 250 GB and throttle for the rest of the month.

It is also possible that something is wrong with the cable connection and they're trying to correct the issue by contacting you so as to arrange a time to fix it etc...

Do you have an timewarner email account to see if they sent anything to you?
!