nokia 6230 infrared no reaction

Hello

I've got a new Nokia 6230. Infrared interface doesn't work.
My old 6310 works fine. Have tried XP an W2K. No reaction on both Systems.
Have also slowed down speed of interface. No successs. Hardware is Compaq
Evo 610c.

Infrared sending vcard to other mobiles works.

Any Hints?

thanks

Erhard
7 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 infrared reaction

    "Erhard Beckemeier" <Massa.Erhard@T-Online.de> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I've got a new Nokia 6230. Infrared interface doesn't work.
    > My old 6310 works fine. Have tried XP an W2K. No reaction on both Systems.
    > Have also slowed down speed of interface. No successs. Hardware is Compaq
    > Evo 610c.
    >
    > Infrared sending vcard to other mobiles works.

    IR on the 6230 is flakey to say the least. Have you tried reconfiguring
    your IR port (I'm assuming it's one of the more common IR driver types):

    http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/supportcenter.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=1

    --
    Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    my IR is fine on my 6230?

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > my IR is fine on my 6230?

    I struggled with Windows XP and an Evo800c but it worked fine on another
    Evo800c. Has worked fine ever since I used Nokia software version 6.2 & XP
    for some reason. Hardware and XP unchanged.

    Hello together!

    I've got the solution! Qute simple. The infrared interface is placedon the
    right side of the mobile and not at the top.

    Thanks

    Erhard

    "Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Erhard Beckemeier" <Massa.Erhard@T-Online.de> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I've got a new Nokia 6230. Infrared interface doesn't work.
    >> My old 6310 works fine. Have tried XP an W2K. No reaction on both
    >> Systems. Have also slowed down speed of interface. No successs. Hardware
    >> is Compaq Evo 610c.
    >>
    >> Infrared sending vcard to other mobiles works.
    >
    > IR on the 6230 is flakey to say the least. Have you tried reconfiguring
    > your IR port (I'm assuming it's one of the more common IR driver types):
    >
    > http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/supportcenter.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=1
    >
    > --
    > Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    > http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    :)))
    Somewhere around LoudSpeaker :)))

    Erhard Beckemeier wrote:

    > Hello together!
    >
    > I've got the solution! Qute simple. The infrared interface is placedon the
    > right side of the mobile and not at the top.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Erhard
    >

    > "Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    >>"Erhard Beckemeier" <Massa.Erhard@T-Online.de> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hello
    >>>
    >>>I've got a new Nokia 6230. Infrared interface doesn't work.
    >>>My old 6310 works fine. Have tried XP an W2K. No reaction on both
    >>>Systems. Have also slowed down speed of interface. No successs. Hardware
    >>>is Compaq Evo 610c.
    >>>
    >>>Infrared sending vcard to other mobiles works.
    >>
    >>IR on the 6230 is flakey to say the least. Have you tried reconfiguring
    >>your IR port (I'm assuming it's one of the more common IR driver types):
    >>
    >>http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/supportcenter.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=1
    >>
    >>--
    >>Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    >>http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    I am sure the Orange user guide said that the volume buttons on the
    left were the IR port!! :)

    My IR works fine now.

    M2 <MaRcElSPACE@SPACEeMaIl.Cz> wrote in message news:<cb3m59$lfs$1@sparta.btinternet.com>...
    > :)))
    > Somewhere around LoudSpeaker :)))
    >
    > Erhard Beckemeier wrote:
    >
    > > Hello together!
    > >
    > > I've got the solution! Qute simple. The infrared interface is placedon the
    > > right side of the mobile and not at the top.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Erhard
    > >

    > > "Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >
    > >>"Erhard Beckemeier" <Massa.Erhard@T-Online.de> wrote in message

    > >>IR on the 6230 is flakey to say the least. Have you tried reconfiguring
    > >>your IR port (I'm assuming it's one of the more common IR driver types):
    > >>
    > >>http://www.logomanager.co.uk/php/supportcenter.php?x=&mod_id=2&root=1
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    > >>http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    Yup, I got caught out by that until my wife turned the phone round !

    Works a treat now !!

    "Robin Clarke" <rclarke@harrahs.com> wrote in message
    > I am sure the Orange user guide said that the volume buttons on the
    > left were the IR port!! :)
    >
    > My IR works fine now.
    >
    > M2 <MaRcElSPACE@SPACEeMaIl.Cz> wrote in message
    > > :)))
    > > Somewhere around LoudSpeaker :)))
    > >
    > > Erhard Beckemeier wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello together!
    > > >
    > > > I've got the solution! Qute simple. The infrared interface is placedon
    the
    > > > right side of the mobile and not at the top.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Erhard
    > > >

    > > > "Mike Bradley" <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag