Dual printer setup

I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system is
running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)

the problem is :

when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in epson
printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.

vinoth
2 answers Last reply
More about dual printer setup

    XP actually recognizes that dot matrix printer? Amazing! Can't you connect
    the printers directly to the PC, without using the data switch?

    "SVC" <svchordia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
    > switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system
    is
    > running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
    > kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)
    >
    > the problem is :
    >
    > when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in
    epson
    > printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.
    >
    > vinoth

    "SVC" <svchordia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
    > switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system
    is
    > running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
    > kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)
    >
    > the problem is :
    >
    > when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in
    epson
    > printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.
    >
    > vinoth

    Is the switch mechanical? You should probably not assume that the default
    printer in Windows will be respected by a DOS app, or that Windows will
    interpret the request correctly. You might have better luck by adding a
    second printer port card and seeing which port FoxPro writes to. Juggle
    printers accordingly.

    HTH
    -pk

Configuration Printers Panasonic Windows XP