Dual printer setup

February 6, 2005 9:58:42 PM

I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system is
running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)

the problem is :

when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in epson
printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.

vinoth

More about : dual printer setup

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 10:01:42 PM

XP actually recognizes that dot matrix printer? Amazing! Can't you connect
the printers directly to the PC, without using the data switch?

"SVC" <svchordia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
> switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system
is
> running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
> kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)
>
> the problem is :
>
> when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in
epson
> printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.
>
> vinoth

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 6:13:56 PM

"SVC" <svchordia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 printers installed in my system. the cable from system to data
> switch and both printers are connected to the data swtich too. my system
is
> running on winxp & the 2 printers are epson c41sx(ink jet) & panasonic
> kxp-1694 (dot matrix) (also set as default printer in the OS)
>
> the problem is :
>
> when i send a print statement from foxpro (DOS) the data is spooled in
epson
> printer folder & not in panasonic though the default is set for panasonic.
>
> vinoth

Is the switch mechanical? You should probably not assume that the default
printer in Windows will be respected by a DOS app, or that Windows will
interpret the request correctly. You might have better luck by adding a
second printer port card and seeing which port FoxPro writes to. Juggle
printers accordingly.

HTH
-pk
!