Pny usb flash drive error

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hello,
I inserted the 4GB PNY flash drive in and scanned it with Norton Anti-Virus. I am getting an error on flash drive when inserted into laptop. Other flash drive are working properly. Shouldn't there be a warning if this is not the right thing to do.

Do you have files that you need on this drive??
Is it a new drive, some new drives comes with software on them and may be miss identified by norton's

If does not have files you need, just reformat the drive.
If it has files on it that can not be removed, go to PNY web site and get their "removal tool"

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I have information on this flash drive from an older computer and when I scanned it with Norton 360 it no longer has the information on it. I tried it on the older computer, but it is not reading it. It is my understanding that I should have downloaded the flash drive to the new computer and then scanned it. The computer recognizes the flash drive when inserted because it make a sound, but I cannot find it to see the information. Any suggestions?

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

I will try that. Thanks! I was a bit confused at first because the word removal was highlighted and when I clicked on it, it took me to Microsoft site and that site referred to removal of malicious malware.

^ Yea, have to have advertisment - in this case it's in the form of Blue words in the hope that someone will click on them.

Norton sometimes mis identifies files as being "bad" and deletes them. Normally it will ask to either delete or quarantine the file(s). It could have corrupted the FAT. Most likely if you can not read the drive the files are toast.

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

That's what I thought, but I saw a web-site that says they can get back your information, but, of course, there is a fee involved. Are you aware of such a company?

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks Chief! Appreciate your answers! I may try that route. I thought that I saw something that a company would not charge if they could not retrieve it. I think the fee was $29.95. But, they get your credit card info up front.