Radeon 7950 Display Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusNachos

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
I've just finished a new build with the Sapphire Radeon HD 7950, and have had some display issues that I'm not too sure how to solve.

I have two displays: One is a Dell, and the other is a Vizio HDTV. The HDMI and DVI both work for the Dell monitor, but no matter which type of connection I used on the Vizio HDTV, it has bad picture. The picture looks odd colored, and almost looks pixelated.
I've messed around with different resolutions, and pretty much every display setting in Catalyst, but nothing fixes it.

My last GPU (EVGA 8800 GTS) ran both monitors perfectly, so I would assume a 7950 could do the same.

Would any of you possibly have any ideas to what's causing this issue?
Thanks in advance

Solution
In the HDTV, did you set the mode to "PC" or turn off scaling? If not, the HDTV cuts 12% of your screen and makes it pixelized.

If you see a black border, change the scaling settings in CCC to Overscan.
Change in Preferences to Advanced View.
Then go to My Digital Flat-Panels > Scaling Options > Slide to Overscan.

Hope it helps! :)

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
In the HDTV, did you set the mode to "PC" or turn off scaling? If not, the HDTV cuts 12% of your screen and makes it pixelized.

If you see a black border, change the scaling settings in CCC to Overscan.
Change in Preferences to Advanced View.
Then go to My Digital Flat-Panels > Scaling Options > Slide to Overscan.

Hope it helps! :)

Solution

JesusNachos

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Thanks for the help, Bloc. Your advice helped a little bit, however the picture still remains fuzzy and pale in color. My HDTV doesn't have any sort of PC mode. That was actually one of the first things I checked after reading other people's similar issues.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
The fuzziness and the color paleness is caused by the enhancement engine that is inside your HDTV, but that enhancement can blur out text and make screen contrast too high, so color appear pale.

There is no way to compensate at the Computer Level, you have to change settings in the HDTV itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.